post op nutrition vs taste

dramey
on 2/19/07 8:57 am
Aynybody tried Profect, Proteinex? my surgery date is 2/26/07 and i'm trying to be prepared and not have to wait for shipping. but there are so many products and they all advertise great taste, bla bla bla.
M. clarke
on 2/19/07 11:09 am
Dale, You can get a sample pack of the profect. I use them because they are so much protein in a small tube. 25 proteins in 3 ounces of drink. They taste absolutely nasty though. There isn't any getting around that. LOL. You can mix it with something to cut the taste, but that defeats the purpose of them being only 3 ounces. I ordered both sample packs, so 8 flavors. The two I ended up reordering were Fresh Citrus Berry and Cool Melon Splash. The peach was completely undrinkable. None of them were good, but I found the melon and berry were doable. I wouldn't order to much of anything before your surgery. Your taste are going to change and you don't want to much on hand in case you can't tolerate it after the surgery. I couldn't tolerate anything thick or milky until about 2 months after my surgery. So Profect and Isopure were all I could drink. The Isopure isn't too bad. Some flavors are better then others. The dry mix vanilla was nasty. The already mixed ones went down better for me. The orange one was my favorite. The grape and pineapple one were okay. I liked the isopure because my doctor allowed it to count toward our water intake. So that helped me to get in all my water. Great luck with your surgery! You must be very excited
carolem
on 2/20/07 1:18 am - Austin , TX
You can go into GNC and buy a small amount of whey protein powder. I like the chocolate flavor, but they have vanilla as well. You can add flavor extracts to them as well, which is what I plan to do with the vanilla. Chocolate is good all by itself, nice taste, and I have added almond extract to it. I went to HI-Health as well, but they didn't carry the same thing and I didn't want to buy anything large quantity in case I didn't like it. This come in a red soft pack and all it says is 100% whey protein on the front. This is what I have for breakfast. I could only handle eggs for so long. I'm a little burned out on them. Which surgery are you having?
Most Active