Wahoo.... Closer Surgery Date!

Mikkilynn
on 2/15/07 3:09 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - Well, I met Dr Fang last Thursday. He seemed very nice and willing to answer any questions that I had. After talking with him, I decided to switch surgeons and have my surgery done at Bridges. I have to admit that it was a tough decision for me to make. Quite frankly, the hospital and surrounding area scared the hell out of me. I decided that the operating room couldn't be that bad because the hospital is a Center of Excellence. Anyway, I received good news this morning, Coleen called to say that I was approved for surgery again! (Had to resubmit due to a new doctor & hospital)I selected my surgery date for Monday, April 9th. I am very excited that I now have only 7 weeks to wait for surgery instead 15 weeks with SBC. The surgery is starting to feel real now. Does that make sense? Thanks to everyone for your support, opinions and encouragement! Michelle
carolem
on 2/15/07 3:31 am - Austin , TX
Hi Michelle, Waiting 15 weeks is a long time, I can see why you switched doctors. As long as your comfortable with everything that's really all that matters. I almost switched the week before my surgery date when they cancelled my pre-op appt. and hung me up for a week, not knowing when they were going to re-schedule that appt. and since my surgery was within 2 weeks of that appt. were they going to move that date as well. It all turned out okay, but the anxiety was not good and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. They seem to have it together now, but there could always be another emergency, so until she gets other surgeon's on board, it's tenuous at best.
JRinAZ
on 2/15/07 4:19 am - Layton, UT
Congrats Michelle! Bridges totally rocks! You will Love love love Dr. Maxwell and her ABC classes. In fact, stay tuned for her new grad seminars that will be launched very soon! .....as for the scary area, I agree but after working there for over a year; I totally tuned it all out ...especially after I entered the hospital where the folks who work there are wonderful! You have just enough time to clean out your closet and locate the smaller sizes!!!! Good luck! Joyce
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/15/07 5:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Michelle I wouldn't worry about the hospital one bit. I found it to be very clean and the staff were very friendly and professional. I was not uncomfortable there at all. I had my surgery last Sept with Dr. Juarez. The Bridges staff is excellent and Janel, the nutritionist, has an excellent program. She has phoned me three times since my surgery to check on my progress and see if I had any concerns. Just holler at me if you have any questions.
Darlene X
on 2/15/07 6:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
You'll love Dr Fang! he is such a sweetheart! I never had any worries about the area the hospital is in. The hospital is older, but clean & everyone was awesome. Darlene
pwrightt
on 2/15/07 8:07 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Michelle: First congradulations on your surgery date. It will be here sooner then you know. I had my surgery with Dr.Juarez at St.Lukes. I can understand your dislike of the area. But as far as the hospital my nurses were great. Bridges is a center of excellence and you will understand once you have been there. Good luck Pam
gawump
on 2/15/07 9:04 am - Farmington, NM
Congratulations, I too am a casualty of the schedule changes. I am happy that you were able to get a sooner date. I am looking into it myself, but because of insurance issues, I am likely to stick it out with Dr. Blackstone. Unfortunately that means October for me, but I am told it would be longer if I tried to switch... I am happy for you! Keep us posted will you? Richard
JEAN-NA
on 2/16/07 1:46 am
Richard Good for you - My surgery was with Dr Blackstone & I feel she is worth the wait! Plus it could be moved up with all theese others jumping ship for other doctors .. Call the Surgery scheduler and tell her its ok if they would like to move your up due to others jumping ship - one of my friends just did and get a closer date .. Good Luck !!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/07 10:55 am - avondale, AZ
That's great Michelle, make sure you call Dr. B's office and let them know. Maybe once they know your serious about switching, maybe they'll move you to the top of the wait list. Besides the scheduling fiasco, I could not have asked for a better doctor than Blackstone. I'm sure your new Dr. will be just as great. And don't worry about the hospital area, all that matters is the excellent care you receive on the inside. Good luck to you... Danielle
Most Active