My turn for a stricture...

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/07 7:46 am - avondale, AZ
Thanks Nicole. I am not looking forward to it but glad the medicine will work so well. I can't believe is is such a quick procedure. Randy said I can go back to work on Thursday, like it's no big deal. Wow... Did you only have the one stricture? Randy told me until your about 6 weeks they can return.
Nicole W.
on 2/13/07 12:04 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I had two strictures... First one appeared at 3 weeks and the second arrived at 7 weeks. I was going to go back to work after the 2nd one, but decided it would be best if I stayed home and slept. I didnt want it to return. For 24hrs after its fixed, stay on water, protein drink, soup, yogurt and soft foods... don't try and eat chicken or anything. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/07 7:13 am - AZ
Hey Dannielle good luck tommorrow...I have been struggling with this for a few weeks. I am not as bad as you are but pretty much am down to eating a few bites at a time, water goes down ok, but when it does it feel like a huge bubble is in my esophogus follow by 10 min of gurgling sounds. well once again good luck!!!!!!!! Erin
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/07 7:48 am - avondale, AZ
Erin, I had the same problem with water, it is pretty bad, but after all the gurgling I usually throw it up. Food, forget about it. It's a horrible feeling. I really am having some buyers remorse now, too late to change it.
Nicole W.
on 2/13/07 8:08 am - Cave Creek, AZ
even with 2 strictures... I still don't have buyers remorse. This is a very common side effect... the younger you are the more pre-disposed you are to them and it means you are still producing collagen. Yes, this is a bump in the road, but you will feel so much better once it's fixed.
M. clarke
on 2/13/07 8:11 am
Danielle I completely understand the buyers remorse. I started getting sick about the third week of November which was about 3 weeks out from surgery. I was so tired and sick. And I completely regretted having the surgery. I was started to feel like I would be sick the rest of my life. I constantly would throw up food, water, pills, and would go up to a week without eating anything at all, and hardly being able to keep down water. This happened over and over again. But then some things would stay down so it was confusing and depressing. So I understand how you are feeling. Believe me after tomorrow you will feel completely different! I feel 100% better and I am not regretting the surgery anymore. I am looking forward to feeling good and being able to eat like a normal person. Or a normal person who has had the surgery would at least
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/07 10:14 am - avondale, AZ
Thanks guys for all your concern. I think I will be o****il the morning, my husband beat up some ice and made me chips, and I have actually kept it down for about 30 minutes so far. They taste so good, but im eating them very slowly. I did the old pull your hand skin up and see if it stays up or goes down, and it went down right away, so I don't think i'm fully dehydrated. I'll keep you posted, but thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It's so nice to have people that understand what i'm going through. Danielle
M. clarke
on 2/13/07 10:44 am
Just take good care of yourself Danielle, and go if you get sick. Even if its the middle of the night. You will feel much better after the procedure.
pwrightt
on 2/13/07 11:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Danielle: I'm so sorry you have stricture. Please take care of yourself. Try to get some water in or like someone posted go to the ER. Keep me posted. Pam
carolem
on 2/13/07 11:59 pm - Austin , TX
Danielle, so sorry to hear about the stricture. Glad your going in to get this taken care of. What a way to spend Valentine's Day! Your health is most important, so listen to the girls that have been there on this one. Take care and post when you feel better.
Most Active