Stricture Free

Nicole W.
on 2/12/07 6:03 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I told you so!
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 8:52 am
Yes you did BTW Nicole, did they say liquids or soft stuff after surgery? Randy said to do something for a few days, but I don't remember. And the hospital dismissal says no restrictions.
Nicole W.
on 2/12/07 9:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ
For your situation, I would follow what Randy told you... do liquids and protein drinks for 2-3 days. With my first stricture, I ate a few hours later because i went 2 weeks without solid foods because of a scheduling nightmare. With my 2nd stricture I ate egg drop soup after the procedure and then did liquids and protein drinks for the next 24hrs. But since you have been dealing with this for so long, let your stoma relax for a few days so it doesn't get aggravated again. You will see a big difference once you start eating again. Who was your doc? Dr. Rigberg (I like him.. he is nice!) or Dr. Mellon?
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 9:48 am
It was Dr. Rigberg. He was really nice. Thats what I couldn't remember, exactly what Randy told me to do. Liquids meaning jello and broth? LOL. I'll stick to the protein alone. Jello and broth taste too awful to me. I know I am so excited to be able to eat without getting sick. I already can tell the difference with the water. I drank a whole glass of water in the hospital after my procedure in like 15 minutes. I was shocked when I realized I had drank it all. That would have normally made me throw up to drink half that much in one setting.
Nicole W.
on 2/12/07 10:16 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I did water, yogurt, protein drinks and soup. i didnt dare touch jello!
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 10:17 am
Thats what I was wondering. If i could have soup or yogurt. I thought the soup might be salty? Do you think?
Nicole W.
on 2/12/07 10:27 am - Cave Creek, AZ
you should be fine, nothing spicey.. going home now, talk to you later!
alligatorpgr
on 2/12/07 10:44 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Yeah Melissa, stay home and take care of yourself now!!! You deserve it!!! Alli
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 11:12 am
Thank you Ali and Mary
ginaq56
on 2/12/07 9:55 pm
Melissa, I am so happy that you are finally doing better. I have been following your posts and have felt so bad for you. What a relief to know that you will now be okay. I am 3 weeks out since surgery and so far so good. Just some hot flashes when I drink something too fast. You are so fun to read. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Gina
Most Active