Stricture Free

M. clarke
on 2/12/07 4:23 am
Okay. I just got home from the hospital. And yes ladies you were all right, it was a stricture. It was down to a size 5 and he made it back to a 12. So hopefully this will be the end of the constant throwing up. I just wished I had this in November when the problem started. I can feel the difference already just in drinking water. I can drink bigger swallows and drink more. I can't eat for a few days until it heals, but I am eager to try solid foods again!!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/07 4:25 am - AZ
YEAHHHHHH, did it hurt?? Where did you have it done? How long did it take??? I need to be prepared so I can get it done, I am sick and tired of being sick.... So glad for you........................... Hugs, Erin
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 4:38 am
I got it done at Shea Outpatient. The only part that hurt was the IV and that just stings for a minute. I have really tough veins to get. The nurse asked me if I remembered it all because my eyes were open the whole time, but it was all pretty fuzzy. I remember feeling the tube or what ever in my throat, and kinda fuzzily remember them putting it into my throat. It didn't hurt at all. And it took like 5 minutes. It was really really fast. They give you Versed and Demerol so your pretty much on the moon, LOL. I'm going to go take a nap though because I'm really sleepy. I'm pretty sure later I won't even remember what i remember now of it. That Versed kinda erases your memory. Hope what I'm typing makes sense. LOL. Still a little loopy.
M. clarke
on 2/14/07 2:49 am
WOW. Your face is totally shrinking! You look like a different person already.
dispatcheraz
on 2/12/07 4:26 am - Prescott, AZ
How do they fix the stricture?
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 5:02 am
they stick a litle camera down your throat, and then a little balloon and blow it up and stretch it back out. At least thats what they said they were doing
JRinAZ
on 2/12/07 5:14 am - Layton, UT
Yay! Glad your plubming is all fixed up and ready to go! Give it the TLC with liquids as ordered and then look forward to a great journey ahead! You are a brave girl to stay awake for the scope! .....I about broke the docs arm when she came at my face with that scope. She turned up the drugs in a hurry when I hit her arm! ....... ....have a nice nap and be well, Joyce
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 8:55 am
LOL. I don't know about brave. I was too stoned to care. I don't really remember any of it. I also just slept for 3 hours, and now its all really cloudy.
Darlene X
on 2/12/07 5:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hate to say... we told you so! LOL I don't know how you put up with it so long, hubby was only an 8 and miserable. Things should be much smoother sailing from now on..
M. clarke
on 2/12/07 8:53 am
I am certainly hopeing for smoother sailing It will be nice to experience this as I am supposed to be.
Most Active