My 4 year anniversary....sorry but it's long!

JRinAZ
on 2/11/07 4:13 am - Layton, UT
Wow! I just made some notes in my planner and noticed that today was the 11th!!!! Today is my 4 year "surgiversary" ! The beginning of so many incredible experiences, opportunities and friendships! Though the plateaus, re-gains, body image issues, health supplement dilemas, and exercise challenges have been overwhelming at times; I have always been swung right back up to the top of the roller coaster ride by the weight loss, the improved health, the fun plastic surgery (oooops! did I say fun? I meant "needed" and "rewarding" )and the amazing extensive family I have found within this WLS community! I have been involved with National support groups, the Obesity Help folks with their events, local surgeon's programs, local support groups, many chat sites and many fun fun get togethers through this amazing journey! Holy Cow! What a ride! .....some of my personal favorites along the way have been= crossing my legs, finding my collar bones, zipping up name brand little jeans, many hikes, shopping, sitting anywhere I want in any venue without worrying about a fit, a seatbelt or the chair breaking!.....getting oodles of attention (yup, I'm human!), entering 5K's, 10K's and other athletic events......havng my skinny friends give me their "smaller" clothes, being the thin one at the family reunions, being able to walk the entire mall, and taking a handful of vitamins instead of a handful of prescription medications! I fight the food battle everyday of my life and continue to educate myself on better ways to handle my personal deamons. I understand that I have an addictive nature and am trying to substitute exercise and WLS support programs for the food addictions. I know those addictions never truly go away but with good support, education and my "tool"...I can stay on course! I'm 140 pounds lighter today than I was 4 years ago. I can't say that I"m a size 2 or that I'm a perfect Barbie Doll....but, I love life and I can participate in every aspect of it now! I don't have to hunt for the closest parking spot. I don't have to be dropped off at the door. I don't have to wait for the "empty" elevator. I don't have to limit my shopping to the 3 "BIG Girl" stores, I don't have to worry about my hubby or my kids being embarrased to be with me........... ....and so to anyone wondering if it's all worth it????? Oh My Gosh!!!!! I would say that life begins after Weight Loss Surgery! Hugggzzz and Joyce
M. clarke
on 2/11/07 4:27 am
Beautifully stated Joyce, and very inspirational for the rest of us. Congratulations and happy anniversary or more like happy birthday of your new life!!!
JRinAZ
on 2/11/07 5:01 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Melissa! The excitement, success and new information that you newbies share each day continues to inspire me to keep at it! Loser's Rock!
Mary Jo C.
on 2/11/07 7:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
It is NOT LONG!! You have inspired me, on my 4th day post-op, still in oodles of gas and belly pain :0) Is it worth it....YOU BETCHA!! I had absolutely horrid care at the hospital, and if it hadn't been for my family I would've been...well, I don't know what I would've been...but that's a whole OTHER story for another forum, eh? HAHA. You are beautiful! Keep up the good work and I hope you will allow me to contact you when I need answers. (Pretty please?). Have a grrrrreeeaaaat week! God bless losers :0) MJ
M. clarke
on 2/11/07 9:25 am
Mary Jo... Congrats on your surgery. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Mary Jo C.
on 2/12/07 10:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you for your kudos, Melissa! God bless you and ALL of us on this journey!!!!
JRinAZ
on 2/12/07 5:05 am - Layton, UT
Thanks bunches Mary JO!!! So how is day 5 for you? ... Keep us posted! Hugggzzz, Joyce
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/11/07 7:11 am - Tucson, AZ
Happy Birthday Joyce
pwrightt
on 2/11/07 9:33 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Congradulations Joyce. Well written Pam
JRinAZ
on 2/12/07 5:06 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Pam!
Most Active