Lap Band & Liquid Vitamins??

Candi Y.
on 2/8/07 12:12 am - Cottonwood, AZ
I have not had the Band YET. But was wondering about drinking Liquid Vitamins to help maintain your Body through these changes??
Nicole W.
on 2/8/07 12:17 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I don't see why not... if you have problems with pills it might be easier for you to swallow. I know LapBand patients do not have the absorption issues that gastric bypass have. I have heard from a few people that the liquid vitamins taste horrible thou. If you can tolerate them now, don't except to after your surgery... as your tastes usually change. Good Luck
K B (Tucson)
on 2/8/07 12:36 am - Tucson, AZ
You will not need to take any meds in liquid form once you have healed from the surgery. You will need to stay away from large pills however as they might get stuck in the pouch. I use chewable vitamins and take smallish pills with the band with no problems.
JRinAZ
on 2/8/07 12:36 am - Layton, UT
Liquid vitamins or liquid anything for that matter are fine for all weight loss post-ops. The Lap Banders (Dr. Simpson's patients) are encouraged to start with chewable Adult Centrum or anything of that nature. Liquid is fine. You'll be on clear liquids for 48 plus hours and then on full liquids for up to 3 weeks or so. Every post-op is different and they adjust it accordingly. Good luck with your band. You are going to a great surgeon and you'll love the office staff!!! .....tell them all hello from me! Joyce
Most Active