Response from Dr. Blackstone's office

dgiammarino
on 2/6/07 11:45 pm
I just wanted to post a note to all of you feeling frustrated with our office at this time. Yes, Dr. Blackstone did have a family emergency which required her to take a week off, which in turn required the rescheduling of several patients. Upon her return, we carefully reviewed her schedule and made some permanent changes which unfortunately required surgeries to be moved out a little farther. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone, but we are trying our best to accomodate the large volume of patients that want Dr.Blackstone, because of her impeccable reputation as a bariatric surgeon, to do their surgery. We strive as a Center of Excellence to provide quality patient care and accomodate everyone's needs. As a side note, negotiations with UHC insurance co. are looking very promising, and we should know more by the end of the month.
Nicole W.
on 2/7/07 12:33 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Diane, Welcome to Obesity Help! Thank you for your post here, it is nice to have someone from the office letting people know what is going on. You are doing an awesome job as Office Manager and helping everyone getting their answers questions quickly. Thanks! Nicole
quiltz
on 2/7/07 2:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you for the response on behalf of the office. I appreciate the input and look forward to having my surgery, just pleeeeease don't move my date again!
JEAN-NA
on 2/7/07 4:56 am
Marcia you should add --- unless they can move it up !!!
alligatorpgr
on 2/7/07 8:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what is going on. My heart goes out to Dr Blackstone for what she is going through, and I can only hope everything will be ok for her. I still hope to have my surgery on March 21st, as I am one of the many UHC patients that Dr Blackstone has. Please let Dr Blackstone know that she has a lot of support from her former and future patients, and I for one, cant wait to meet her. Thank you again for taking the time to give us an update. Alli
paulacohen
on 2/12/07 11:21 pm
..and please keep us informed on the UHC issue - pretty please
Deanne K.
on 2/14/07 9:10 am - Tucson, AZ
Diane, Thank you for responding and keeping everyone informed. Communication is the key to happy people. I hope that negotiations with UHC can continue and you can get a contract with them. I would hate to have to change Dr.'s after 2 years and needing another surgery. Deanne 11/9/04
Most Active