Going to a seminar on Monday night, have a question...

Jager_Mom
on 2/6/07 11:44 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
So this will be my first seminar, it is held up here at Flagstaff Medical Center by Dr. Berger and his team. Hubby is going with me so he can hear everything from someone other than myself, I am hping that this seminar will help him realize that I am serious about this and help him understand what is in store ( If I get approved) So my question is should I bring stuff to take notes? Probably, Huh! Will I get a chance to speak with the surgeon? If so what are things I should ask him. I havent even seen my PCP yet that is on Wednesday after the seminar. Thanks in advance if you are able to answer ny of these for me
JRinAZ
on 2/7/07 12:53 am - Layton, UT
Jennifer, Get the name of the Bariatric Coordinator (your contact person for all information concerning yoiur personal file) so that you can get started right away with dialogue and getting your list of requirements for pre-certification. Find out the website of the doc and where you can get his stats. Check out as much of that information on O.H. (patient comments) before the seminar so you can question things that others may have brought up on-line. Find out how far out he is scheduling following approval. Find out if there is a program free attatched to the process. (If so, then consider driving down to Phoenix to Dr. Fang, Dr. Jaurez or Dr. Blackstone = they do NOT have a program fee) Get started on the physician supervised diet right NOW if possible. I'm sure you'll have to have at least 6 months and I'm thinking your insurance may even be 12 months? It has to be consistent with chart notes done by a doc and NOT Weigh****chers, etc. IF you skip a month then you have to start completely over. Some people think it's 6 months of dieting at some time in their life - NOPE.....it's 6 months of "consistent" dieting. Find out right now if your insurance will cover the psych evaluation (mandatory) and if not then start right now hunting for one who does the MMPI at a reasonable price (between $100 and $300.00). Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going! Joyce
Arizona_Sun
on 2/7/07 10:07 am - Gilbert, AZ
In addition to what Joyce said, another thing that I would want to know is how far does this surgeon bypass? My surgeon bypassed 150 cm. Some do MUCH less. Sandy
Candi Y.
on 2/8/07 12:08 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Jen, Just be sure that ACCHS will approve this, I went through 6 mths of all kinda of stuff just to get DENIED!! I am now a Self-Pay and having Doc Simpson do Lapband hopfully sometime in March!!! Just be carefull cause they waste alot of your time. Good Luck. Another Fellow Northern Az Cottonwood Az Candi
Jager_Mom
on 2/8/07 12:55 am - Flagstaff, AZ
When I called and talked to someone at the insurance company they told me it was approved as long as it was medically nessesary. And that I needed to have my pcp call and get authorization and a referral, psych eval, nutrition evaluation and have 5 years documentation of dieting (doesnt have to be supervised) But I do have that too. The reason I chose this pcp was cause I called the surgeons office and was told she is awesome at getting people approved for this with my insurance. So now I just wait till things start rolling next week.
Most Active