Hair Loss

M. clarke
on 2/6/07 5:04 pm
Well the dreaded has happened. I run my fingers through my hair and come out with a hand full of hair. I'm officially on the losing side, the losing my hair side that is It has taken me so long to grow my hair out and I am depressed that it is falling out! THIS SUCKS!!!!! Between the medication I was on and the malnutrition from the surgery I am afraid of just how much is going to fall out. I know there is nothing to be done except to try and get my proteins in and take my vitamins. I have been through this before, and I know it grows back. I just needed to vent.
JEAN-NA
on 2/6/07 8:43 pm
Melissa Get back on the daily Biotin pills - It has helped a lot with mine. I now keep all my vitamins at work on my desk ,, I am taking 4 5000mcg's of Biotin every day with my vitamins every day . I am now seeing little hairs growing back - The FRY's food & drug had the Natures Bounty on a 2 for 1 sale & I loaded up. Bummer about the hair situation - I think its been my worst side effect
Nicole W.
on 2/7/07 12:32 am - Cave Creek, AZ
After 10 days, I can now feel the difference with my hair, much much thinner in volume... i can start to see my scalp in some places. It does suck, I am dealing with it pretty well for the time being, the hair in the comb upsets me but what can I do? nothing! it will get better!
M. clarke
on 2/7/07 4:32 am
I don't handle hair issues well. When I found my first grey hair. I completely freaked out and searched my hair for everyone I could find and pulled it out. Had I known then that grey would be my least of worries.....LOL.
Darlene X
on 2/7/07 12:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
First... get your stricture fixed so you can eat! That doesn't help. Second, your hair WILL fall out, there is almost nothing you can do about it-- you won't go bald... your hair will just thin, it will stop... and your hair will grow back, don't freak out. I had thin hair to begin with, and I lost lots of hair (From about 4 months post-op to 9 months post-op)-- I didnt go bald, didn't look like a freak... my hair is growing back now. You can take Biotin etc, but your hair grows in 3 months cycles, so unless you were taking Biotin 3 months ago, it won't do you much good... personally I decided not to try any of the vitamins and remedies and bear with it-- I was just fine
JEAN-NA
on 2/7/07 2:21 am
Darlene Your one of the lucky few who could handle it well .
Darlene X
on 2/7/07 2:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thousands of people have this surgery every year, and all have the same problem.... they handle it just fine Heck your handling it just fine, you have it worse off than most because you started with very little hair-- you look gorgeous in the wig you got!
M. clarke
on 2/7/07 4:25 am
I know I have been through it before. I am not sure about biotin, my neurologist and hair styist both said to take selenium but they both agree that nothing is going to save the hair. For the same reason you said, falling out hair today is from damage done 3 to 4 months ago. Luckily I do have thick hair, however I was also taking medication that caused my hair to fall out, plus had the surgery. So I am fearful with the double whammy of both I might lose a lot more this time. I'm shedding more then my cat right now. Time will tell. I hope your right and I won't lose it all!
JEAN-NA
on 2/7/07 5:00 am
THANKS DARLENE !!! NEEDED A BOOST TODAY ! dont worry it won't all fall out - just thins alot !!! Biotin does help - I swear by it , there are alot of differant things you can use. P.s. You all need to bone up on your cosmotology info , Hair grows from under the scalp ,, anything that effects your blood will effect your hair , I did learn that is cosmo school .
JRinAZ
on 2/7/07 5:03 am - Layton, UT
Melissa, I tend to disagree with the folks claiming that Biotin, vitamins, protein, etc will not help you out right away. ..... I have been active in the WLS community for over 4 years and have seen the miraculous difference that supplements can achieve. .... I'm all about "prevention" and if your hair is thinning now, then why not give it the selenium and biotin as a treat. .... If the 3 month rule is in fact a complete truth then you'll at least be sure that you'll have thick and healthy hair coming at full speed in another 3 months! My hair came back thicker than it had ever been! Biotin is inexpensive and is definitely something our body responds to in a positive way. In fact, you'll be amazed at how your nails and skin respond as well. Holy Cow! I sound like I"m peddling vitamins for a living! .....just sharing some info that has definitely helped many many post-ops! Joyce
Most Active