Why does everyone's Shoulder Hurt

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 10:18 pm - AZ
Hello Everyone, I have my first seminar tomorrow. But reading through the post there is a lot of talk about the shoulder. Why would your shoulder hurt after the operation? Thanks, Lorrie
Jan M.
on 2/5/07 10:53 pm - Notfarfrombham, AL
Hi, Lorrie, I am from the Bama board but came here by mistake and saw your post about shoulders. I started having shoulder pain about 1 year out and had surgery, it didn't help at all. If you find out why people are having these problems I would love to know. Have a great day! Jan
Darlene X
on 2/5/07 11:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ
During surgery they pump a lot of gas into you, to bloat everything up and make it easier to get to organs etc, especially with lap surgery.... After surgery, that gas they fill you up with rises, and try's to escape through your shoulders. I personally had no pain in the shoulders, neither did Hubby--- by my sister in law had a lot of pain as the gas tried to escape her body.
Nicole W.
on 2/6/07 1:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I had the shoulder pain too... its from the anesthesia. It was annoying for a few days. I had my surgery on a Monday and it was gone by Saturday or Sunday. Water and Heat helped and so did walking.
Most Active