4 days post-op and I feel great!

Sharon Martinez
on 2/5/07 4:27 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone. Thank you for all of the support that y'all gave me before and during the procedure! I am now 4 days post-op and I feel awesome! I have very few pains, mostly in the incision areas of course and my upper back. But its nothing that is too great to deal with. I thought this would be SO much harder than what it is for me. I am getting the eating thing down pretty well and drinking as much as I can. Everyonce in a while I get pouch pain, but then I know that I either drank something too cold or too fast. I'm learning. Its a glorious day, everyday when I wake up. I have more energy now and have walked more in the last four days than I ever walked in a 6 mo period prior to surgery. It feels wonderful and I find myself looking forward to walking and cant wait for my Dr. to give me the aquatherapy script. He feels like it will be the easiest way to go from absolutely laying in bed 18 hrs a day for years to being able to exercise without too much pain. I have to step back and think every once in a while cause everything is going so well and I feel so good that sometimes I feel like I havent even had the surgery, but for some reason have a definate wonderful new outlook on my life and my health! And like I said, the energy to boot! Woohoo! Just getting ready to get all of my post-op Dr's appts. scheduled. That will be fun..lol...Anway, just wanted y'all to know how well things are going and to keep in touch! Will talk to you soon..... Sharon
pwrightt
on 2/5/07 5:11 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Sharron: Good for you. Its sounds like you are doing great. On your first post op visit Dr. Fang probably will let you go on puree foods. Don't forget to ask him. That'll be a nice change. A wonderful new outlook on life. That is great Pam
carolem
on 2/5/07 5:13 am - Austin , TX
So glad to hear how well your doing. My surgery was Jan 26th so I'm not too much further out than you. When I was walking yesterday around my neighborhood I noticed my back didn't hurt, which is a first for me! I still have a little shoulder pain and my incisions still bother me some, but overall I feel well also. This is the most amazing journey. Hang on it's promised to be quite a ride!
Nicole W.
on 2/5/07 12:30 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Carole, My back pain went away almost instantly... amazing huh? It will get better to as the weight comes off. I haven't had to use an ice pack or pain medication for my back since the surgery. ::::knock on wood::::
pwrightt
on 2/5/07 11:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole and Carol: When I was reading the thread it reminded me of my back pain. Two weeks before Christmas I took my grand daughter shopping. I wanted to make a great day out. My surgery was 2 days afte Christmas so I knew there would not be a big Christmas dinner or get together. I was so upset with myself. Walking around the mall for only about 1 hour made my back and feet hurt. Needless to say the day was cut short. I was never more disappointed in myself. I wanted to make a full day of it. Now I notice the back pain is gone. I had not even thought about it till I read the post. I agree. I wish I had done this surgery a long time ago. Pam
Desertflower
on 2/5/07 1:45 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Carole, Read your post. So happy to hear that you are doing so well. I am also going to Dr. Blackstone's office and hoping that I will be scheduled in April. Cross your fingers...ok? Take care. Robin in Mesa
Nicole W.
on 2/5/07 12:32 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Sharon, Glad to hear you are doing well. You know what helped me the first week... I would put a dish towel over my belly and then put my ice packs on my belly for a little while. It seemed to help with the swelling and the inflammation of my belly and of course my incisions. Try some Vitamin E oil or aloe, maybe that will help with the swelling. The feel good feeling is awesome! I sometimes wish I did this surgery sooner! Congrats to you! ~Nicole
Most Active