Throwing up and things getting stuck, when will it end

Nicole W.
on 2/5/07 5:17 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I dont know why you keep putting it off... but you have a STRICTURE!!!! Everyday, I am telling you this. Call them!!! I was miserable when I couldn't keep food down, I hated the feeling and dreaded the next meal, just so I could be miserable again.... I got so emotional and avoided eating, then I said screw this.. I called and got it fixed. It's a 1,2,3 procedure. Get it fixed! :::stepping off my soapbox:::
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 10:18 am - AZ
Melissa defintily let me know how it goes with Randy, I told the dietition today to put it in my record that we talked about it. Poor thing she was just calling to reschedule my 4 mo post op appt, I moved it up a week and a half, yipee. I don't think you are a whiner, I've seen alot of your posts and you seem to be an upbeat postivie person, like me. I'll give you my numbers, if you want to talk just call me. By the way you are never alone, with so many of us out here, so much support on here and the meetings. But I know what you are saying. Well I am gonna eat my dinner now, pureed veggie soup yummmmy....... Bye for now...Erin
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/07 12:48 pm - avondale, AZ
I hope you get this worked out. Just today I had my first food sticking incident, and it caused me so much pain, took over an hour to get it back up. I can't imagine going through that day after day. I don't think it's possible for me to have a stricture yet, since i'm only 2 weeks out, but it scared me. I hope they give you good news. Take care, Danielle
Nicole W.
on 2/6/07 1:21 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Danielle, I had my first stuck experience around 2 weeks also. My first stricture happened at 3 weeks. If you have that same feeling when you are eating yogurt or cottage cheese then you might want to be more aware... and call the office. Each person is different when it comes to healing, for me I had 2 strictures that needed to get stretched. Boy, you feel so much better the next day! Hope you are doing well otherwise! ~Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/07 10:35 am - AZ
Hey guys!! been busy the last couple of days. Well yesterday, I was ok, got dinner down ok. Lunch was a meeting and a few bites of ckn salad. But tonight I took 3 bites and heave-ho!!! yes I know, I know. I will definitly bring it up at my next appt in 2 weeks. Hey Nicole like my stricture thing isn't enough to deal with, I really didn't want to say anything, but two weekends ago I went to the er, because I had the most heavy period of my life. I got one the day I got out of the hospital 12-24, and 01-24, so I don't mind getting back to being regular after years of not being regular. But this was like every hour, hour and a half(if you know what I mean) and it freaked me out, so after 2 days of this, I went to John C Lincoln. They ran blood tests, did an ultrasound, a gave me 3 bags of fluid. I was dehydrated, a little anemic, and my keytones were 3+. But everythings been good since. My doctor said that you release alot of estrogen when you break down fat cells. So maybe thats why. Anyways I hope you are doing better. Thanks for all of the concern, you guys are the best!!!!!!! Hugs, Erin
Nicole W.
on 2/7/07 1:20 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Good to know about the ER visit... I was really debating it. But sounds like a good idea for next time. I doubled up on the Iron the last day and I am sure my bowels will be loving me in the next few days, but I do feel better and not so weak. If it happens again next month, I am definately going to do something about it. Thankfully it is regular again, which is a good thing. Yes... My PCP warned me about the extra estrogen in the fat cells being release and that is why didn't want to put me on the pill. She said extra estrogen... DANGER!!! hehe Talk to you soon!
Most Active