meeting old friends

simply_jess
on 2/4/07 3:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
the oppurtunity has approached me with a chance to fly back to the east coast to see some of my old friends, and hang out with them. it'll be weird if i accept the plane ticket because when i left we were still deciding what to do with our lives and now years later.. we have plans and have eagerly begun taking steps to complete them and other goals we aquired since we've been apart. i always had that 'romantic' notion that i would go back, and just wow them with the 'after picture'. I am still en route, almost under 200.. and even though i wish i was less for shock value i suppose, im going to try to still be happy with my weight. i guess the reason i am posting is more for myself and typing this out and hoping someone might understand my position. Eager to see old friends, afraid its too soon. But if i do think about it, i value their friendship and would like to be with them when i can, instead of wanting just to wow them completely that usually wears off after the first night of a visit lol. and one more thing.. i weigh less than many of the footballers do playing in the superbowl.. its been a LONG time since that has happened.
Nicole W.
on 2/4/07 3:55 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I totally see your point... I would want to wait until I reached goal myself, just to get the "wow!" It would help my self esteem that has been lacking a great deal since I left my friends. But... it sounds like a friend trip with some great friends, so if I were you, GO! Where on the east coast? I am a east coast girl! Congrats on your weight loss! ~Nicole
simply_jess
on 2/6/07 6:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
born and raised in jersey but lived in nc for a few years. so i would be visiting nc. i always said, visit nc for the friends but nj/ny for the food.. i feel a little different about that now, hehe.
M. clarke
on 2/4/07 5:17 pm
Jessica. I might understand. I have some friends I haven't seen in over a year. And they know I have had the surgery. I sorta keep thinking they are going to expect a bigger difference so I have sorta been putting off doing lunch with them until I have lost more and feel like it is more of a difference. I know in my head that it is silly, and they are my friends, but there is that part of me also that wants them to see a difference seeing they know I had the surgery. I of course have no idea what they are going to expect, but in my head I make it out like they are going to expect me to be thin already. I think we just make more drama in our heads then necessary. When what we should be doing is just going and seeing our friends, and having fun!
JRinAZ
on 2/4/07 11:30 pm - Layton, UT
Jessica! Seize the Day!!! What a gift you've been given. .... Seriously.....life is too short to wait for the "perfect" scenario that our mind creates with such twists! Your friends obviously love you to pieces and will be so delighted in "YOU"....not your size...I'm sure they will be thrilled that you have made a choice towards better health and so proud of you for your accomplishments; of which I"m sure are measured in many more ways than through a scale! Get yourself a lovely new "confidence" outfit for that first meeting and start packing your bags! Good relationships in life are too precious to set aside. Enjoy yourself bunches sweetie pie and let us know how your trip was! Hugggzzz, Joyce
Desertflower
on 2/5/07 1:42 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Jessica, I know how you feel. I have actually put off taking a trip back to Chicago because I didn't want my family to see how big I have gotten...I have wanted to wait until I lose at least 50 lbs...but I think maybe that isn't how I should feel. They love me no matter how I look, but the WOW factor is such an ego booster ya'know? Your friends want to spend time with you...not measure your waistline. I am sure they will notice how happy, healthy and full of energy you are and know that whatever you are doing it is what's best for you. Have you told them about your surgery? I think you'd have a blast with your friends. Where is it that you will be going? Robin in Mesa
simply_jess
on 2/6/07 6:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
i would be visiting NC theres humidity there, do you think that should affect my decision?hehe
Most Active