No protein bars or protein drinks

Renee9999
on 2/4/07 12:55 am
I am about 6 1/2 weeks out of surgery. I've had so much trouble trying to get protein into my system even though I eat cheese, fish, beans, etc. In the last week I just gave up on the protein bars and drinks and did NOT lose any weight. Could that have been the problem? Or could it be that the weight in just shifting to different places?
JRinAZ
on 2/4/07 1:48 am - Layton, UT
Renee, Could be both things plus some other factors. .... Try considering protein drinks as a preventive med for future health. Protein bars are just high calorie treats. The protein absorption from food and protein bars is questionable if you are Rny To kick up a weight loss or break a plateau.... Increase = Water, protein, exercise Decrease = Carbs, calories, salt, cheese, nuts Don't be discouraged. It's a long journey and little bumps in the road are very normal! And...don't forget too that if you are exercising that your weight will not only "shift" from fat to muscle a bit but your inches may be decreasing. Use your tape measure on occasion instead of just the scale! Keep at it! You'll be dropping sizes like crazy in the next while! Hugggzzz, Joyce
Most Active