Good days and bad, I'm ready for the good.....

carolem
on 2/2/07 2:05 am - Austin , TX
I was feeling pretty excited about getting out yesterday for my post-op class. Had no problem walking into the hospital or to the classroom. As the session progressed I had to cough quite a few times, a lot of flem had built up and I had no choice. Everyone in the class felt my pain! I didn't have a pillow with me so that was a problem all by itself. We had some very easy exercises to do that are suppose to make you feel good. It was pretty much downhill for me after that. I guess I had caused some inflamation around the port area (from what the doc's office said) and all you can really do is take your pain meds, lay down (or sit up) but relax and use a heating pad. They told me I could take some benedryl for the flem, and that has cut it down considerably. I slept really well last night and feel much better today, hardly any coughing. My shoulder again today is acting up, I wish this would go away!!!! Enough already I want to be able to go into my office next week some. I hurt so much yesterday I didn't even go into or have my husband stop at my office to pick up a check that had been there a couple of days already. When you feel that bad, you just want to go home. I'm hoping to go to a movie this weekend. I have a couple of free passes, now what movie to see.....won't be on Super Bowl Sunday for sure! I think it's time to go rest....feeling pretty droopey, hoping the rest of today is a good day....
Nicole W.
on 2/2/07 2:11 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Walk, Walk, Walk to get rid of the phelgm and the pain in the shoulder. "Because I said So" with Diane Keaton looks like a good movie. Hope you feel better!
carolem
on 2/2/07 7:42 am - Austin , TX
I really am walking, but maybe not enough, I'll walk further. Thanks for the tip. I heard a movie critic say that movie is terrible....I think I still want to see it because I really like Diane Keaton. We'll see, free passes so I have nothing to loose. I know, no popcorn or carb drinks!
M. clarke
on 2/2/07 8:20 am
p.s. My first movie without popcorn or the soda felt strange. Kinda like that was half of the movie experience. I have to honestly say it isn't the same to go to the movie and not have the popcorn and soda. It is okay. Just not the same. And of course if I wasn't going to have popcorn I wasn't letting my boyfriend have any either. Poor guy. I am so spoiled. He is so nice about it too.
M. clarke
on 2/2/07 8:20 am
p.s. My first movie without popcorn or the soda felt strange. Kinda like that was half of the movie experience. I have to honestly say it isn't the same to go to the movie and not have the popcorn and soda. It is okay. Just not the same. And of course if I wasn't going to have popcorn I wasn't letting my boyfriend have any either. Poor guy. I am so spoiled. He is so nice about it too.
Nicole W.
on 2/2/07 11:10 am - Cave Creek, AZ
My first movie experience I was probably 2 weeks post op... the smell was torture. I just kept drinking my water thou! I was able to drink 32oz and 20oz during the movie.
pwrightt
on 2/2/07 3:50 am - PHOENIX, AZ
OK Carol: You know you're not feeling well when you pass up a check. I don't know what to say about the shoulder pain I did not experience that. Wish I could help. But with time it will get better. Don't rush yourself going back to work. Take care of yourself first. Really hope you feel better. My first week home after surgery all I did was sleep. Hoping you feel better soon. Sending positive vibes Pam
M. clarke
on 2/2/07 8:16 am
Carole. Sorry you are feeling bad. Just keep in mind every day should feel better then the day before. At least it did for me. So you should feel better tomorrow, and even better the next day. Do they have you doing the breathing treatments? I am not sure if they do that for lap or just RYN. If so keep doing them. The cough sounds scary. Make sure you keep walking at least. You don't want anything built up in your lungs and then you get pneumonia. That would really suck! Hope you enjoy your movie! The part in the commercial where she finds the Adult Friend Finder site is pretty funny. Then again I've seen that site before and my reaction was similar, it wasn't what I expected. That is why it made me laugh. Hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted.
Most Active