How much does it cost

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 11:40 pm - AZ
I just found out my insurance doesn't cover WLS... I'm so bummed but it's ok I'm willing to pay for it myself. Can you tell me what the adverage cost is for the Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery (RNY) I know the cost varies. But I'm just trying to get an idea. Thanks for your input.
Nicole W.
on 2/2/07 1:39 am - Cave Creek, AZ
My surgery came to $28,000 but my surgeon also kept me an extra night in the hospital. From what I understand it can range from $22,000 to $30,000... it depends on complications and hospital stay. Does your insurance have a WLS exclusion that its not covered unless your prove you need it? or did they say they will not cover it at all? Good Luck!
Darlene X
on 2/2/07 3:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
My sister in law just paid approx $22-24k for her Lap RNY.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/07 3:21 am - AZ
who was her doctor. I have 3 semiars scheduled for Febuary. I've done my research The 3 doctors I like are doctors. Simon, Villares and Blackstone.
Mikkilynn
on 2/2/07 4:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Just an fyi - to factor into your decision. Dr Blackstone is currently scheduling out 7 months for surgery. I was just told a few days ago that there is no available dates until August. I thought that you should know that because I doubt that will be mentioned at the seminar. Good luck - I'm sure that you will find a doctor that is perfect for you! Take care, Michelle
M. clarke
on 2/2/07 5:06 am
Lorrie. Mine didn't pay for it either. They quoted me $28,000 however it ended up being less then that. I think around $15,000 was just the hospital fee. If you go with Dr. Blackstone the hospital fee is set up for 5 days. So unless you stay more then 5 days it won't be anymore. I think it would be rare to stay more then 5 days. (This is paying out of pocket - not insurance people) That price pays for all of your appointments for one year.(non insurance only - I think insurance people get 90 days of aftercare paid for) Also all the aftercare classes and such are free. She also gives you a punch card for appointments with the diatician or what ever you need as well as I think 10-15 classes or seminars. Meaning you could take like 10 yoga classes free if you chose to. I cut a lot of the cost by going through my primary care physician for all of my testing that way my insurance picked up the cost on that. Also included in that quote is the cost of medication. The medication alone was probably $2000.00. My insurance also picked up that cost. I think the shots that you will need to do after the surgery alone were over $1500.00. It is still a lot of out pocket, but you can cut back on some of the costs with your insurance. If you need more info on Dr. Blackstone you can email me and I can give you more info on her out of pocket costs. Good luck in your decision.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/07 12:34 pm - avondale, AZ
Lorrie, I just had surgery with Dr. Blackstone and it was $26,000, but already so worth it!! Danielle
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/07 9:41 pm - AZ
Does the $26k include all of the pre op test?
Most Active