Really ticked off with Dr. B

quiltz
on 2/1/07 8:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was scheduled for April 5th. I just got a call from the office they are having to re-schedule because of her "family problem" and they put my surgery out until JULY 16!!!!!!! She may be good, but I'm ready to look for someone else. If she can't find a partner to take some of the load off her, I wonder how she will fare if anything else arises to make her miss days. My ekg has been done and will not be current enough if I wait until July so I will have to have a second one done. I just cannot believe this!
M. clarke
on 2/1/07 8:06 am
Wow. 6 months out is a long ways to be scheduled. I don't blame you for being upset.
JRinAZ
on 2/1/07 8:18 am - Layton, UT
I don't blame you for being ticked Marcia! ...... I guess you've definitely got time to shop around for another surgeon.....I'm sure you're wondering if your July date will even be bumped. Keep us posted and let us know if you want input on other docs. My surgeon is retired so I'm not much help but I can put in a good word for Dr. Simpson (lapband only) cuz I used to work for him and know his patients LOVE LOVE LOVE him!....and, my hubby had Dr. Fang at St Luke's and so I know that he has a happy folliowing as well. .... It's almost like we should say....."are there any surgeon's out there that aren't loved or aren't great"? Of course that could start us into another flaming war which is fun but not very fruitful.... I just realized that I am typing while under the influence of some great pain meds and so I'm probably just babbling..........Disregard any stupid stuff and just pull out the useful part....Is there a useful Part???? Yup, I'm going to have a nap before I get myself in big trouble! The bottom line....I'm sorry you're having to wait to get started on a great new journey in life but you could use that time to do tons of research and be ready to be the best post-op patient in the entire world! Keep hanging with us and join us on the 17th for brunch? Good luck! Joyce
M. clarke
on 2/1/07 9:07 am
LOL. Typing under the influence eh? I find my pain meds make me chatty which shows in all my posts. LOL.
Maureen O.
on 2/1/07 9:05 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Marcia, Do you know if this is a new family problem or the one she recently had? I am scheduled for March 8th and if they reschedule me I will have to look for another surgeon. I can understand how ticked off you are because I would be too. I hope you can find someone who can get you in sooner. Good luck to you. Maureen
Sherry61
on 2/1/07 9:46 am - Tucson, AZ
I don't blame you either. I have gone through my frustrations also. I emailed Dr. Simpson last Sunday and didn't hear anything so on Tuesday I called them at the office and I talked to the receptionist who said she would have the coordinator (Christina) call me back. She also had me leave a voice message and today is Thursday and I haven't heard anything from them. Are all the bariatric surgeons too busy to keep up? Supply and Demand! I had asked Dr. B's office one time why they don't stop having the seminars so she can get caught up and the response I got was "not everyone who goes to the seminar is going to have surgery." Oh well--Maybe if you called and talked to Diane and let her know that you may consider another surgery she can do something. My surgery is scheduled for March 29--I hope it doesn't get moved. The unknown is the worst!
Nicole W.
on 2/1/07 10:22 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Sherry, I dont know about anyone else... but I noticed in the seminar I went to, alot of people left during or close to the end without turning in their personal medical history packet, either they had misconceptions about the surgery or just got the information they needed and realized it wasn't for them. I had the misconception that you can have the lapband reversed once you were done losing the weight. It is a Supply and Demand thou... Bariatric surgery has gotten alot more popular thru education and it seems to be more accepting (except in Hollywood) but Obesity is such an issue in this country and Barix just closed, so that leaves the number of surgeons in the valley pretty limited. I can see why they are not cancelling seminars, they still want patients to come in and get the education at least. I am curious to see how many people from the seminar actually follow thru. Because when I went to my seminar is was packed, wall to wall. Dr. Blackstone is the best, in my opinion and so is Scottsdale Bariatric, the support services, the staff and most importantly the medical staff is superior. But thats just me! I really hope no ones surgery gets cancelled or postponed... because I know how it is to mentally and emotionally prepare for this surgery. When I was scheduled, my surgery date was 2 months out and that seemed like a long ways away... but it did go VERY quick! Good Luck! And please let us know if you need us! ~Nicole
JRinAZ
on 2/1/07 10:50 am - Layton, UT
Stay tuned....besides the new docs coming to Dr. Blackstone; there is a huge new surgical specialty hospital being built by the AIGB (Big Lap Band Company), a new hospital being built in Apache Junction with a new unit, more being added to about everyone's staff......Before we know it; the world will be full of LOSER's!!!! Yup! I'm still medicated! LOL! .....and, I"m signing off for the night! Talk to y'all tomorrow! Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 10:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
A lapband can be reversed if the patient decides that is what they want to do. Not sure why anyone would want to but it can certainly be removed and the stomach goes back to the way it was before surgery.
Desertflower
on 2/5/07 1:27 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Nicole, I have been reading so many posts about Dr. Blackstone's office re-scheduling patients. I was scheduled for my procedure last October...and at the last minute had to be cancelled because the insurance dept. made a major mistake when they submitted for my approval. I had to start all over again with Dr. Evershad and get the 6 month Dr. Supervised program in my file. I was really devastated when my surgery was cancelled, but the office staff has been wonderful to me. I really like all of them and I don't blame them for what happened. Can you tell me what your after-care has been like? Your overall experience with Dr. Blackstone? I have not met her as yet, but I hear she is great. Thanks. Robin
Most Active