My "Wow" moment

MARY OTU
on 1/29/07 7:45 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Jeans, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Right? Well, in my shopping quest for a new pair that fit, I very doubtfully took a size 16 into the dressing room. With not much faith I pulled them over my legs an on up over the old hips. What??? I could not believe my eyes! They were too big!!! OK, I was just stunned but not stunned enough to deter me from grabbing a size 14 to try on although I was telling myself, "No way!" I slipped those 14's on without a breath sucked in! I felt like squealing! I was so excited I called my husband and my best friend Maxine. After strutting around in them for a day I had another friend say, "You know, those are none too snug as it is, did you even think to try a 12?" Aarrgghh! So what did I do? Yep, I went back and pulled on a size 12 and boy do my legs look great in them!!!! Here is me dancing in the dressing room!: I am 4 months out and my world has changed like I would not have believed. I am HAPPY! Mary
M. clarke
on 1/29/07 7:49 am
Awe that is fantastic Mary! Congratulations!
Nicole W.
on 1/29/07 8:14 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Good for you Mary! Last weekend I was in deseperate need of new jeans as my Size 28 would come off as I walked, so I grabbed a 22, 24 and 26... tried on the 26, too big. 24 a little big in the legs... 22, just right! I also fit into size 22 shirts... I have this problem still of not letting things actually fit me, I always liked things baggy, hated it being clingy. I have to get past that! Congratulations on your success!!
M. clarke
on 1/29/07 8:51 am
Congrats Nicole! That is awesome!! I don't don't like clingy things either. I am still wearing all my clothes even though some are draping off from me. LOL. I like em baggy, but I guess they are probably starting to look a little ridiculous. I have noticed smaller versions of clothing also. Luckily I've never thrown out clothing in my life so I still have all the smaller sizes to go down to. Shoot I still have my guess jeans from high school. That was 17 years ago. LOL. Even if I lose weight those will probably never fit again. I just can't part with them. However this time I am getting rid of my clothing that is too big when its time. No sense in keeping clothes to grow into!
alligatorpgr
on 1/29/07 8:58 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Yeah Mary Alli
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/07 9:07 am - avondale, AZ
That is awesome... Good for you. Can't wait to be there.
JRinAZ
on 1/29/07 9:43 am - Layton, UT
Weigh 2 go you skinny girl!!!! If you can zip up a little pair of size 12 jeans then you'll probably be able to get into size 10's of regular pants!!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo! Joyce
pwrightt
on 1/29/07 9:39 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Love it Mary. Can't wait to post my first WOW movement You go- Bye the way you have some great dancing moves Pam
MARY OTU
on 1/30/07 8:07 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks to you all! You are such great friends. Mary
KT300
on 2/1/07 2:33 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats to Mary and Nicole!!! Hope I'll be joining you both soon! I hate to spend money till I get to my goal but some of my pants look ridiculous!!! Maybe I'll go to Goodwill. Katie
Most Active