Surgery scheduled for this Wednesday

Sharon Martinez
on 1/29/07 5:06 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone, my name is Sharon. After jumping through hoops for months, I finally am having the surgery. Two more days to go until the first day of the rest of my new life begins!!! I am extremely excited and absolutely terrified at the same time!!!! I know that my surgeon (Dr. Fang) is a great one, and he is very reassuring. But I always get super nervous and almost sick with anxiety before a surgery! I know everything will be great, cant wait to start my new life! I also look forward to meeting people here and making new friends! I'm glad I found this message board as I am sure I will be looking for some support down the line....... Sharon
Nicole W.
on 1/29/07 5:44 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Sharon, Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I was so very excited... my excitement took over to the point that I wasn't nervous anymore. Please keep us up to date on how you are doing and please also let us know if you need anything. Do you have an angel? ~Nicole
Sharon Martinez
on 1/29/07 5:50 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Nicole..thanks for the message.....An Angel? Not sure what you mean! I will definately keep y'all up to date, I imagine it will be a few days after the surgery before I feel like getting online, but will get on as soon as I can. Thanks again! Sharon
alligatorpgr
on 1/29/07 9:04 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Sharon, congratulations on your upcoming surgery. An Angel is someone who you can count on thru surgery and recovery. They can come see you in the hospital, or keep in contact with your family, and post on your progress. Just let us know if you need or want one, they are plenty of us here who would love to help out. What hospital are you going too? Good Sam or St Lukes? Best wishes Alli
M. clarke
on 1/29/07 6:20 am
Sharon. Congrats on your surgery date!! Keep us posted on your progress
JRinAZ
on 1/29/07 7:10 am - Layton, UT
High Fives! Back Flips! Happy Dancing for you Sharon! Skinny wishes to you for an uneventful surgery as you cross over to the Losing side! Keep us posted! ....and....consider joining us at the Chandler Support Group for anyone on the East side! We have many Dr. Fang post-ops who are doing fantastic!!!! [email protected] Hugggzzz, Joyce
carolem
on 1/29/07 7:23 am - Austin , TX
Hi Sharon, good luck to you on your surgery, I'm sure it will go well. I know what you mean about being nervous, but these doctor's do a lot of these surgeries and you've had all the clearances needed, you'll be fine. I'm only 3 days post-op and am glad to be on this side, take care and keep us up to date on how your doing. If you had an Angel they would check in on your while your in the hospital and tell us how wonderful your doing when you get home. Not everyone has one, it's usually one of your friends. Take care, come back soon....
carolem
on 1/29/07 7:49 am - Austin , TX
I know what you mean about jumping through hoops for months, my date had to be re-scheduled once because one of the doctor's just had to have another sleep study done. Oh well, it's all behind me now, and soon you. It's pretty normal to be nervous, but you have confidence in your doctor and know that this is his specialty. Try to relax, it will go easier for you. Make nice with your anesthesiologist, he/she is your new best friend! Post when you can, I'm 3 days post-op and my first day back on the board. Take care and we'll see you soon on the losing side of life...... CaroleM
M. clarke
on 1/29/07 8:04 am
Welcome back to the board Carole! I'm glad you are up to being on your computer. Hope you are doing well. Keep us posted! And welcome to the losing side
pwrightt
on 1/29/07 7:49 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Sharon: Its only human to be nervous. Heck the week before my surgery I bit my husbands head off for no reason. You have faith in your surgeon and are on your way to a new and healthy life. Good luck and my prayers will be with you Pam
Most Active