Update on Carole...

Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 12:02 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I just got off the phone with Carole... she is doing good. She has had minimal pain so far, has a little bit of naseau. Her left shoulder hurts as predicted. She was discharged on Saturday afternoon and her surgery went smoothly! She sounds GREAT!
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 12:03 pm
awe glad she is doing good! Thanks for letting us know.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 12:34 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
She was asking me if my left shoulder hurt alot too... I said yes and then told her what you were told about the drains. But, since Carole had the lapband, she didnt have drains. So we came up with our own little theory... they way they position you on the table, they practically stand you up so your organs drop a bit and it is easier to operate... we figured the gases from the anesthesia bubble up to the left shoulder. THAT explains the pain.
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 12:44 pm
LOL. That is a good theory. I do think it is gas pain after the surgery when your home because that drain is removed. I had it for like 2 weeks and it got worse each time I walked which meant to me that I was stirring up the gasses. However the pain in the hospital when the drain was in was different. It was almost like a knife in my shoulder, and it hurt when she removed the drain in that area too even though it wasn't supposed to. : cringes: that was so nasty when they took that out. I was watching my boyfriend and his eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger as she kept pulling it out. I couldn't look at it until she was done, but that was erie like a big worm moving through your body. : shivers: I don't know what we have as far as nerves but I think it was sitting on top of some. Or it was just some really nasty gas pain. LOL God knows what they do to us after we are out in that operating room! I don't think I wanna know. I've had a few procedures that I wasn't knocked out on. I like the knocking out better! I don't really care to look at all that big equipment and such surrounding you. I like being out cold before I ever hit that room.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 12:48 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I had it during my hospital stay... I was discharged on Thursday, the shoulder pain probably went away on Saturday or Sunday for me. When Dr. Blackstone took my drains out she did the one of the left first, didnt hurt too bad... but the one on right... oh my god, it burned! I was shocked on how much tubing was in there. I just got the chills thinking of it.
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 1:01 pm
The one on the left came out really quick. That was just a little tube I think if I remember right it just popped right out like nothing. The one that came out under my right breast. That was the one that ran up into my left shoulder and across my chest. That thing was huge!!! Melissa took mine out. LOL I know it gives me chills to. I think it was the worst part of the whole stay. Well that and I couldn't ever really figure out how to pee with that catheter and my bladder kept getting filled up. Then when they finally took it out it still took me a day before I could pee! Those things are bad! I swear I didn't pee right for 2 weeks after.
pwrightt
on 1/28/07 12:06 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Great news. This is exactly what the board needed right now. Good and positive news.
MARY OTU
on 1/28/07 11:55 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
This is directed to one of the responants. However, it is good for all of us to remember: This Board is here for ALL news. The Good, the Bad, and yes, the Ugly as well. We do not need to hide and pretend that there are no down sides and sacrifices that we make for this Giant step in our lives. We are here to support one another no matter what the questions or answers will be. While it would be wonderful to be positive all of the time it is not the reality of life. Support is here for all of us for whatever we need and can give to one another. Sincerely, Mary
JRinAZ
on 1/29/07 12:30 am - Layton, UT
Mary, I totally agree! ALL News can be delivered politely though and with kind intent. .... I'm going to work harder on that......=positive posting. Hugggzzz to you! Joyce
Candi Y.
on 1/29/07 12:23 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Glad to hear all went well, keep us all posted!!
Most Active