Protein Drinks - Help!

M. clarke
on 1/29/07 7:09 am
Mary you are correct we aren't supposed to eat them until after 4 months. I know I am not supposed to be eating them, however I throw up on basically all proteins except the drinks. So the past two weeks I have been eating some mashed potatoes here and there. And my throwing up has decreased significantly. In 6 more weeks I will be allowed to have anything I want. That will be nice!
Nicole W.
on 1/29/07 3:40 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Yeah, I can eat the whole thing, but it probably takes me 20 minutes to do so. I chew it to death also. I stay away from frozen dinners, too many preservatives... it makes me feel crappy after.
lemarie22
on 1/29/07 8:34 am - Glendale, AZ
Nicole, I make a shake very similar to this for breakfast every morning. I use ground flax seed instead of the Psyllium seed and Flax oil and and use whey protein. I also don't add the apple juice or honey as I find it sweet enough without. Have you tried adding yogurt? The active cultures are very good for our little tummies. When I had surgery with Dr. B., we weren't supposed to drink protein shakes. Are they specific on whether you are supposed to have whey or soy protein now? My understanding is that whey is easier for us to digest and absorb whey , but I could be wrong about that. Connie
M. clarke
on 1/29/07 8:38 am
I just e-mailed them earlier about the protein shakes and they recommended the following: * EAS Myoplex Lite (Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart, etc) * World Wide Pure Protein (Sprouts, GNC) * Profect (www.profects.com) - this is a good one if you are struggling with volume of liquids, as it is only 3 ounces I also asked if we could drink ones that are made from low fat milk. She said yes that was okay, but not to drink the low fat milk on its own because that would be considered a snack and could cause dumping because of the sugar. I'm not sure if those are whey or soy.
Most Active