Protein Drinks - Help!

M. clarke
on 1/28/07 11:59 am
Do any of Dr. B's patients still have the sheet that says what ingredients our protein drinks can have? I can't find mine. It was like < ? Fat
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 12:01 pm
Well that was strange it ate half my post. does that mean I met my quota on posting tonight or something? That was supposed to read. Do any of Dr. B's patients still have the sheet that says what ingredients are proteins can have such as # of fats, # of carbs, # of proteins. My mom has these weigh****cher drinks with 15 proteins that I want to try but not sure if they have to much carb or fat. I looked all through my blue binder and I can't find the paper.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 12:22 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I didn't get that sheet... I will have to call Katie and ask her if she has hers. You can always email the girls at the office, they might be able to send it to you. [email protected]
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 12:23 pm
Thanks Nicole. I will email them!
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 12:52 pm
OKay I have drank half of this weigh****cher chocolate smoothie and I haven't thrown up yet. So I think that is a good thing. Seems my pouch is going to handle it. I mixed it with half water/half fat free milk instead of all milk. Fat free milk still has like 12 sugars in it. That surprised me. It is really really chocolaty though. I'm not that big of a fan of chocolate drinks, actually I've never liked them before, but it is a nice switch from the isopure and profect. Maybe they make them in strawberry? That would be yummy. They don't taste like the protein drinks I have tried before either. They don't have a nasty aftertaste. I tried to see if they had them online but I guess maybe you can only get them at weigh****cher meetings?? I tried the website but I couldn't find them there either. Not sure Does anyone know if there is some place you can order there stuff without going to a meeting?
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 1:06 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I make this every once a week... the recipe is from Dr. Oz who wrote the book "You on a Diet" I change it around here and there and use strawberries and peaches too. It is very yummy and filling. I use Sprouts Soy Protein Powder or you can use whatever you have on hand. I use honey instead of apple concentrate (very little, you can probably just skip it all together)... don't have a problem with the honey in this shake, but cannot tolerate the honey in my tea. The Quick Magical Breakfast Blaster 2 servings, 136 calories per serving 1 scoop (1/3 cup) Soy protein (like Natire's plus Spiru-Tein) 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil 1/4 cup frozen blueberries 1/2 large ripe banana (or other fruits of your choice) 1/2 tablespoon apple juice concentrate or honey 1 teaspoon Psyillium seed husks Peel banana; break into chunks. Put all ingredients in a blender. Add 12 ounces of water and ice, as well as powdered vitamins. Cover, blend until fairly smooth.
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 1:12 pm
Thanks. I thought about putting some fruit in this. My mom usually adds banana's but I thought I better make sure I could handle it as is before adding fruit. I haven't been tolerating fruit to well. Peaches made me sick. I love peaches too I miss honey! My brother got some honey made by Killer bees when he was here and went to Tuscon. Of course I can't try it. I love real honey. When I was a kid a neighbor used to raise bees and she would give me the honey combs from the nest and I would suck the honey from them. Soooo yummy! I used to use honey to sweeten stuff over sugar a lot. I guess it will never be the same now Honey and banana's on toast used to be one of my comfort foods.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 1:18 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
You are welcome! I too have problems with fresh fruit... except bananas. It does get better!
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 1:43 pm
I found my sheet of paper! We are supposed to do drinks that are greater then 20 grams of protein, and less then 10 carbs and 3 fats. So i guess this weigh****cher drink is too high in carbs and too low in protein. Go figure. They recommend Isopure Eas Myoplex ILte, World Wide Pure Protein, or Profect. Says no protein bars as they will fill you up to quickly and wont get enough protein from them. i can't imagine I could eat one anyways.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 1:49 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I do! Here and there, I will have a Zone Bar, it has 16 grams of protein in it. I know... I am not supposed to, slap me! I have been "testing" out my pouch. But least its not Wendy's!
Most Active