Body Works 3

M. clarke
on 1/28/07 6:39 am
Is anyone else completely disturbed by the Body Works 3 that is coming to town? Does anyone know the purpose of it??? I mean I understand that these bodies are just shells and when we are dead we are dead, and I am all for giving my body to science. But not if they are going to stuff me like a bear and put me on display. And the little stuffed girl on the commercial is just so disturbing to me I can't hardly handle it. Is this really where we are going in todays society that we want to see stuffed humans on display? Okay. To be honest. I don't even like seeing the stuffed animals on display. I think that is kinda gross and sad also. So of course a human , especially a child just send me over the edge. Is it for medical research? And if so is it really necessary to open to the public? It is kind of like dissecting cats in high school biology. Okay at the time if was cool and I learned a lot. But unless I am going to be doctor or a veterinarian was it really necessary to kill a bunch of animals for kids of whom 99% are not going to use the information to disect. I think not. I feel the same with this. Is it really necessary to put stuffed humans and body parts on display for the general public or does that just lead to more desensitizing of a nation? Grant it some will go to learn, but there are some that are going to just want to see a stuffed human. And that is really disgusting. Or am I wrong? LOL.
Nicole W.
on 1/28/07 6:59 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I think it is pretty cool... I was in the medical profession for a while. I had textbooks after textbook that had cross samples of bodies so you can see the organs and so on. All of the bodies were donated to science for research. There are people out there that want others to learn about the human body thru them. It's really actually cool to see it in person. They aren't "stuffed" like an animal, but "preserved" with chemicals. hehe But some people get grossed out by it. There is a great science museum in Boston that shows the body... I always remember seeing a normal lung and a smokers lung. It stays in your mind. There were also huge walk thru exhibits so you can see what the heart does, what it sounds like.. etc. I love science, so I would totally go and check it out.
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 7:06 am
I figured you would Nicole because you are in the medical. My aunt wants to go also because she is in the medical field. I remember seeing stuff like that in the museums in Chicago. They had like one inch slices of the human body between glass. Still somehow that to me is acceptable. Sorta like when I go to the store and buy a steak. I can buy it because it doesn't look like a cow. So I can convince myself to buy it and eat it, even though it is sorta gross to me. But things that look like the animals, like calamari when they cook up the little baby squids and you can see its a little squid with 8 legs. I can't eat those. I think it is the same thing here. I could look at the slices of the human body, but a stuffed (preserved) little girl is just too much for my mind to handle. LOL.
AZdove
on 1/28/07 8:46 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I have tickets to go to Body Works on February 20th. I can hardly wait! I love this kind of science. My dream job would be to work in a morgue. I know that sounds very depressing and yucky but it would fascinate me. I went to nursing school back in the 1970's and found that I became way too involved with the patients. I became way to emotional about their well being. So since I still love the science behind the human anatomy I have always felt that working in a morgue would be rather wonderful. I could have the science without the soul.
Darlene X
on 1/28/07 10:51 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ellen!!! Im going on Feb 20th too!!! Do you work for Chase? hahaha We got free tickets through work, employee appreciation crap or something..
AZdove
on 1/29/07 8:39 am - Tolleson, AZ
Yep...through Chase. It took forever...and I mean forever to get through and leave the message on that number they gave us. The first two times I got through the message box was full! Finally I called at 3:30 in the morning (my day starts at 4) and got right through and right into the voice mail box! Did you ask for 6? I did! I am taking my ex mother in law (I won her in the divorce) and my two kids with their significant others. Do you work at the Mill and University site?
Darlene X
on 1/29/07 10:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I figured you were a Chase employee when you posted that date! LOL Yeah it took me forever to get through too, I booked for 4 tickets. Me & Hubby... and we are gonna find someone else to go. I have that week off on vacation. I work in home equity @ SHOC (Sky harbor Operations Center on 24th St by the airport)
M. clarke
on 1/30/07 4:02 am
They were saying on the news that tickets were hard to get to it. Now the Rembrandt's I would like to go see
AZdove
on 1/30/07 9:48 am - Tolleson, AZ
I work at Mill and University in RMS Engineering and Technology. I am a business analyst. Fancy name for a very different type of job. Were you with Chase when you had WLS? Which insurance did you have and was it a pain to get approval?
Most Active