UHC-How does it affect your Dr.'s and Dr. Blackstone

Deanne K.
on 1/27/07 8:37 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey All, I talked with Diane at Dr. Blackstone's office a couple of weeks ago. She said that they are still in the negotiating stage with UHC. This by what I have seen on the news in Tucson the last couple of days and also with my work at UMC, UHC is wanting to lower their payments to all the Doctors not just Dr. Blackstone. I am hoping that UHC will smarten up for everyone's sake. Northwest Hospital here in Tucson is looking at dropping UHC as a result of this problem. That will mean that Dr's Burpee and Chaisson won't be taking UHC either. This will affect alot of patients state wide. I am up for Dr. Blackstone to put a lap band over my RNY and I am hoping that this gets covered with UHC. I have the state plan, and I can't change insurance until Oct. 1. I can go to other Dr.'s that perform Lap Band, but was not impressed by the Tucson Dr.'s at all at the OH conference. I would go with Dr. Simpson if I can't get Dr. B to do it. At least he would answer my questions about this complication as the others say it doesn't happen to often to have the stoma stretch. Who's the uninformed Dr.'s in this situation. Dr. B has had this happen to a few of her patients, not too many. Deanne Dr. Blackstone RNY 11/9/04 lap band pending ins. approval
alligatorpgr
on 1/28/07 9:50 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I received a letter from UHC early January stating that as of June 2007, Dr Blackstone would no longer be a UHC provider. They also suggested I look for another surgeon. My surgery is scheduled for March 21st, and as long as everything goes as planned, I am sticking with Dr Blackstone. I was approved in November, and the first date I could get was for March. I have looked around at other surgeon's for back-up in case I encounter any delays with my original surgery schedule, and will be seeing Dr Fang in February as a back-up. I have waited so long to get my surgery, it would be devastating to have to go to a different surgeon right now. All I can do is make sure everything is in order, and that all my pre-op tests are done, and my file is ready. I will have my surgery done (hopefully) by Dr B, and most of the follow-up can be done at my PCP's, unless I run into complications, which is where Dr Fang will come in. This has been a very long and arduous process, and I will be glad once surgery is over.....Good luck to you Deanne Alli
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 10:14 am
Ali. Have you been waiting since November for a March date? That is a really long time to wait. I am sorry to hear that. I thought it was a long time when they scheduled me out 2 months. I know the last month just flew by for me. Almost came to quickly. Hopefully time will go quickly for you these past two months. I think it is smart to have a back up plan just in case. But stay positive. It should all be fine for you!
alligatorpgr
on 1/28/07 10:38 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Melissa, I got approved on November 16th, and the first surgery date available was March 21st. At first I thought 4 months was just awful, but it's given me time to get all my paperwork in order, get my household in order, and last but not least, lose 10% of my excess weight before surgery. It's now just a little under 2 months away, so time is really flying by, I just want everything to go as scheduled, because I really want Dr B to do my surgery. Thanks for the words of encouragement, hopefully in a couple of months I will be a "loser" too !!!!! Alli
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 10:44 am
Sounds like your a loser already. LOL. I gained 10% of my weight. Doctor was not impressed. LOL. But the whole thing with my mom and cancer I did a lot of emotional eating. Remarkable when I quit smoking I only gained 4 pounds! Oh thats another thing I'm craving again. A cigarette. mmmm. I am craving everything again. Okay I know it is just in my head. But I really want a cigarette and a coke. More so a coke. I can just see it all bubbly over ice. mmmmmm... Geesh where is my m&m medic?????
horizontallychallenged
on 1/28/07 11:11 am
I gave the M&M's to you in the other room! Go get them and stick 'em up your nostrils! again, whatever you do ... DO NOT EAT THEM!!
horizontallychallenged
on 1/28/07 11:13 am
...... especially after they've been in your nostrils!
M. clarke
on 1/28/07 11:21 am
ROFLMAO... i will keep that in mind.
Most Active