Back to thinking about the band

Cess
on 1/27/07 5:41 am - Mesa, AZ
Thank you for the replies. I rarely bring this up because it still is hard to talk about. I actually had the RNY almost 7 years ago by a doctor here in PHX, but I never see him mentioned on the boards. I actually had the surgery reversed 5 months later because I was so sick. I initally lost 70 pounds and had kept most of it off until the last 2-3 years. Cancer and instant menopause has not done good things for my body. I need to get this weight off and I just can't seem to do it on my own. I think I would do well with the LapBand. I loved the restriction part of the RNY, and even after the reversal I could not eat anymore for several months and lost another 10 pounds. I just could not handle the constant vomiting, fatigue and being ill. I do have around 150 pounds to lose. I will not jump into anything without A LOT of thought and research. Even though the LapBand is a less invassive procedure, it still scares me to think about going through another WLS. The possible complications scare me. I was impressed with SBC, but I appreciate the honesty about Dr. Blackstone. I want to know the good and the bad. I need to attend a seminar by Dr. Simpson. My first impression of his website was not a good one. It seemed to be a little too "salesy" to me. But, I sure hear good things about him. Here is the website for the Homone Diet. The staff is super friendly. Im just getting started and it is an extreme plan. I hope I can stick with it, but I don't think I could do it for a year . http://www.aestheticmd.com/diet.shtml Shelley
Most Active