Clothing

M. clarke
on 1/25/07 9:42 am
If you have clothes you can't get rid of you might want to try to sell them on ebay. I have seen post here and there people trying to get rid of clothing. I just cleaned out my closet of things I knew wouldn't fit me next year at this time and sold them on ebay. I listed 61 items, and sold so far 58 of those. I still have some time left on the auctions that haven't sold. I made over $300 after cost this time around on these auctions. Well worth the time and hassle I think. I have sold plus sizes periodically and they always sell. Of course I start at a reasonable price ($2.99 etc.) and let it increase on bids. Asking too much upfront puts people off. I sold pieces individually; however, I see auctions with a lot of plus size clothing where people just list them all together in one auction. I also sent a few large bags of clothes to goodwill.
Nicole W.
on 1/25/07 10:03 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I have to do the same... I just need to take some pictures. I have 2 laundry baskets already of stuff to get rid of. Curious... what did you charge for shipping?
M. clarke
on 1/25/07 10:53 am
I have a scale so I weighed them and ship from home. Out of 61 pieces I only had one that weighed more then 2 pound and that was a really long and heavy sweater duster style. Priority express have bags that you can fit one piece (2 if they are thin) into. They don't look that big, but you would be surprised what you can fit into one of them. They look like large paper envelopes more then bags. If you use those and bill 1-2 pound priority package, and add $1.00 to your handling fee. And you should come out just fine. You can combine shipping also. Then you run into having to find boxes, but if you use the $8.10 flat rate priority box you can fit 3 thick shirts/sweaters, more on the thinner blouses and shirts. Also to avoid some running around you might want to add measurements up front even if you have a size. I spent a lot of time running back to the storage to get the clothes out and measure different thigns.. Waist, hip, bust, inseam, length. Even when I put a measurement they wanted something else. Like one person wanted thigh measurements. So obviously no mater what you do you will still have questions. But you can cut some of them off by putting the measurements on your auction.
lemarie22
on 1/25/07 10:56 am - Glendale, AZ
When I was losing vast amounts of weight, I took my clothes to the Sojourner Center for Women. So many of these women have had to leave an abusive situation with only the clothes on their backs and larger sizes are especially appreciated. If you have clothes that don't sell, you may want to consider donating the rest to a women's shelter. Connie
M. clarke
on 1/25/07 11:18 am
That is a good idea Connie, and yes they do often have to leave that way. Even sadder is the times there are no open beds for them. There is also a hospice of the valley store which donates money back to cancer patients without medical, family, or money. I use them a lot for my donations. And if you have old towels and such instead of throwing them away you can usually donate them to an animal shelters, or individuals who run rescue for animals. They use them to soften the cages for the animals, or bathing, and individuals are usually very appreciative of any help they can get as no one is helping them out. And there is always the classic goodwill. That is where my last load of clothing went to.
Most Active