Dr. Juarez, Dr. Fang, Dr. Simpson?

paulacohen
on 1/30/07 9:36 am
Thanks again - looks like I will be leaving the forum - found out today that our UHC policy does not cover any form of WLS no matter what - I had been told before that it did, "depending on medical necessity." There is no way we can afford the surgery "on our own" -- daughter starts college this year -- so I'm back to being mega-depressed about weight and counting calories - like that ever worked Thanks again and best of luck to all, Paula
M. clarke
on 1/30/07 10:04 am
Paula. I'm sorry to hear. I understand I ended up paying out of pocket also. I had to make a lot of sacrifices in order to afford the surgery. So I understand your frustration with the insurance. Keep positive and keep trying. Weigh****chers seems to have the best program out there if you are having to diet. They have that whole counting points thing which doesn't deprive you of any foods. Out of all the programs I think theirs is the best. Make a wish foundation used to do financing for the surgery under certain cir****tances. I don't know if they still do that, but you might try looking into it. Remember it is your life and you health, do not let yourself feel defeated.
Most Active