Thanks to everyone that has sent messages for tomorrow

carolem
on 1/25/07 2:35 am - Austin , TX
Thanks again to everyone that has sent me messages and well wishes for tomorrow. It was surprising to say the least that people remembered that tomorrow is my day. For some odd reason I'm not really worried about anything....I just want to get on with it so I can get the first 2 days behind me. I should be so lucky as Danielle! I've been using my CPAP and even wore it all night last night. Did I sleep better, I don't really know, but I was happy that I was able to keep it on all night. I have it all packed up to go to the hospital so I won't forget it! What a chore to pack that up..... Anyway, I'm ready for tomorrow and glad to have all the tests behind me and ready to start down the losers path. My husband got on the scale again this am and said "it's amazing, the weight just keeps dropping off" men are so lucky with how fast they loose. I know I'm not going to drop like he has done, but I'm okay with whatever it is......
Candi Y.
on 1/25/07 6:59 am - Cottonwood, AZ
keep me posted on your progress, I argue with my hubby all the time about how easy it is for men to loose weight! Did your hubby get lapband? I am in the early stages of my decisson about surgery to get the lapband, it will be putting my family financially in some tougher times, but I really feel I have to do it for myself!! So any help you can offer will be appreictaed.
carolem
on 1/25/07 7:18 am - Austin , TX
Candi, He had lap-band on Nov. 6th with the same surgeon as me. It actually has been proven that men loose easier than women, they are chemically different than us. My husband thought it was all nonsense too until he went through this and heard it from people other than me! Hang in there, a lot of people have to obtain financing to have the surgery and they say they have no regrets. We were lucky and our insurance paid just about all of it. We have UHC.
Candi Y.
on 1/25/07 9:16 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Thanks for the info, I have called so many different insurance companies and because of my size and living in Arizona they WILLNOT insure me!! Which honestly I feel is a good descrimination case, but I case its this states laws!!! But I m not feeeling like I will regret borrowing the money, I'd buy a car for that amount!! I will for sure let my hubby know about the chemical differences! Thanks for all!!!! I'm looking into Dr. Simpson for my surgery... If you dont mind me asking why did you choose lappband over Gastric???? thanks
carolem
on 1/25/07 10:16 am - Austin , TX
I think the RNY is more for people that need to drop a lot of weight quickly. Because I'm older I felt it was safer for me if I take it slower with the band. The surgery itself is much less invasive, and I like the part where they keep adjusting the band with saline fills until you get just the right amount of restriction so you can eat just enough to satisfy and no more. Our doc really believes in making the band work for you. Long term results are about the same as well, it's the short term where the other produces much faster weight loss. They have to take way more vitamins and minerals than we do as well. There were lots of reasons, too many to name I guess, but we just felt this was the way to go. There are some doctors now that will only do the band. I think Dr. Simpson's practice is pretty much all lap-band. Check around and see who has the best aftercare as well, it's as important as the surgery itself. For example, I have a post-op class next week to go over what I can eat the first month, and the following week is a followup appt. with the surgeon. Then my appt. for my first fill (adjustment with saline) to the band is about 5 weeks from my surgery date where they see how your doing. It's all part of the program. Then they gave us a binder with things we can refer to along the way as things come up. If you notice some of the posts on the Lap-Band board, a lot of people have the surgery and just turned loose, some of them are given such general guidelines that they get themselves into trouble when it's not necessary. A good program will guide you through the entire process.....good luck, just keep asking questions and read, read, read about both procedures and check out your surgeon before you commit.
MARY OTU
on 1/25/07 7:36 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Carole, At last! I will be rooting for you tomorrow. Be like Daniele and post for us tomorrow it you feel up to it. You know, you only need to take your mask and tubing to the hospital, not the machine. Also, you should use it tonight naughty girl! See you on the slimmer side soon. Mary
pwrightt
on 1/25/07 8:21 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Carol: You have gone thur so much and now your time has finally arrived. I am so happy for you. Please post as soon as you can and enjoy your spa treatment. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Pam
carolem
on 1/25/07 10:23 am - Austin , TX
Thank you Pam, nice to hear from you.....
carolem
on 1/25/07 10:21 am - Austin , TX
Mary, glad I read your post, I thought I had to bring in the entire machine! Good to know, I was wondering how all that was going to work! I'm really excited for tomorrow and just want to get through it. I'll post when my husband brings in my laptop. We're sharing it the next couple of days! Thanks for the kind words, never have too much of that! Stay tuned.......
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/07 9:00 am - avondale, AZ
It's your turn, and you will do fabulous. Hope we can see each other tomorrow, i'll be looking for that skinny husband of yours in the hallway. Best of luck!!
Most Active