luvin my pain meds!

JRinAZ
on 1/24/07 11:31 am - Layton, UT
Thanks all for your well wishes! Surgery went great! .....I wish I could have some fun to look forward to (scale action) with this one like I did when I had my Rny but alas....the wonderful pain meds are my only reward! LOL! Huggggzzz to all, Joyce P.S. Does anyone know if pain meds are absorbed quickly and then stop working? Like alcohol supposedly does? ....If so, can I take half dose and then a half dose 2 hours later instead of waiting the full 4????.....
Nicole W.
on 1/24/07 12:08 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Glad your surgery went well! What pain medications are you on? I can ask my uncle that is a pharmacist. When I am in horrible pain with my back, medications wore off fast. I ended up asking my doctor for pain medication that had a longer half-life, like oxycotin and then used hydrocodone as break thru medication.
JRinAZ
on 1/25/07 1:11 am - Layton, UT
Nicole, I have meperidine (generic for demerol) and oxycodone (generic for percocet). I tried teh half doses last night and actually slept better -- not as many wild nightmares! LOL!....I feel so good this a.m. that I'm thinking that tylenol might just do it for me now! ..... I'm way ahead of the healing curve and have bumped up my "back to the gym" goal by 3 weeks. I'm going to get on the treadmill on Monday morning and get back on to the road to my 2007 half marathon schedule!!!!! Of course all it takes is one bad round of pain to undo my good intentions! Hugggzzz, Joyce P.S. Since I'm taking leave from work for a while....I'm hoping we can all have another big get together pow wow??? How bout another Friday or Sat evening at a centrally located restaurant???? McGrath's in Phoenix perhaps???? I can plan this one since you handled the last one......just let me know if anyone is interested....what area....what type of restaurant?
Nicole W.
on 1/25/07 9:28 am - Cave Creek, AZ
sounds good, Joyce!
lemarie22
on 1/24/07 9:37 pm - Glendale, AZ
Joyce, My own theory is that meds in pill form do not fully dissolve and absorb for us RNYers before being passed through. I may be full of it but I know for sure that since surgery, I usually have to go through a second round of antibiotics for the simplest things to clear up. When I had my last surgery, I took half doses of the pain meds and took the other half if and when I needed it. Taking it it with a cracker or something light seems to help. Welcome back and I'm glad all is well. Connie
JRinAZ
on 1/25/07 2:44 am - Layton, UT
Great advice Connie! I think you're probably right on target with the absorption issue! ......BTW.....there's no doubt about it....you are definitely "full of it"!!!! And....we love you that way! Big Hugggzzzz, Joyce
carolem
on 1/25/07 1:41 am - Austin , TX
So glad to hear your surgery went well, sorry about the pain, but with the right drugs you'll be on your way in no time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.....
pwrightt
on 1/25/07 8:26 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Joyce: I'm so glad your surgery went well. What would life be without a "little" pain medication. Wish you well. Pam
AvasGrammy
on 1/27/07 12:24 pm - Chandler, AZ
Joyce, I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well!!! I have been thinking about you... How long will your recovery period be with your surgery??? Please let me know if I can do anything for you... LuAnne
JRinAZ
on 1/28/07 2:27 am - Layton, UT
Hi cutie patootie LuAnn! Your new pic is darling! .......Thanks for asking about me...My recovery is ahead of the 8 week recommended time (barring any weird set-backs)! I even went to the gym on Friday. I didn't exercise but I went there! LOL! Yup! I got all decked in my gym clothes, carefully drove (first time back in the car) to the gym ....got to the parking lot and realized that I would become someone's medical emergency if I headed through the gym doors! I'm set for a loop around the block today with my doggy pal and grand daughter!....Tomorrow I'll drive to the gym again and see if I can actually make it in there this time! As for doing something for me? Well......how bout lunch? Or meeting me for a walk or at the mall for a slow spin through the stores? ..........I'm not planning on starting to work for a while so I've got "time" on my hands and my normally very active body is going bonkers! .....I have a pile of photos to scrapbook, a pile of novels to read, a pile of DVD's to watch, millions of people to write to, BUT I"d rather be out and about with people!!!!! Aren't you sorry you asked! *winks* Congrats to you on your weight loss sweetie pie! You're going to have to change to a new picture again before you know it! Big Hugggzzz your way! Joyce
Most Active