Endocronology Clearance Help

Maureen O.
on 1/24/07 8:37 am - Glendale, AZ
Hello Everyone, Did anyone else have to get endocronology clearance? I went to my endo and he refused to give me clearance for this surgery because he does not believe in it. I am wondering if I can just go to my PCP for this clearance. If not, does anyone know of an endo doctor that will give this clearance? Thank you for any help, Maureen
M. clarke
on 1/24/07 9:17 am
Maureen I'm sorry to hear that. People are blind to issues that don't affect them personally. Your surgeon or primary physician should be able to refer you to someone that they know is pro surgery.
paulacohen
on 1/24/07 9:42 am
Maureen, Who said you had to have endo clearance? Your surgeon? And what do they mean "clearance"? Some endo test?? Paula
Maureen O.
on 1/24/07 9:58 am - Glendale, AZ
Paula, At first my insurance required it but since I didn't get it they approved my surgery anyway. Today I received my Pre-op packet in the mail and they checked off where they want endocronology clearance. I am not sure if it's for the surgeon or my insurance. I guess I should call and find out. I think they just want a TSH and FBS test done. I will ask if my PCP can do that test. I was pretty upset with my endo about this and he was actually very rude to me. I asked for my records and left. He thinks you just need to eat right and exercise to lose weight. I have been trying it that for many years without success. Thanks again, Maureen
paulacohen
on 1/24/07 10:03 am
I probably would have done the same thing - what a JERK. You probably havep osted it, but where are you going? and for Lap or RNY? I was leaning towards RNY and Dr. Blackstone but now they won't take my insurance (United HC) after June 1, so I really didn't want to start down that path and then have the rug pulled out from under me. More research, and now I'm leaning towards LapBand - going to a Dr. Simpson seminar tomorrow -- And you? Hang in there! Paula
Maureen O.
on 1/24/07 10:12 am - Glendale, AZ
Paula, I have UHC also. Dr. Blackstone is doing my surgery on March 8th. I almost switched to Dr. Simpson if they didn't schedule soon. I actually had an appointment with him tomorrow but since they finally scheduled me I am sticking with Dr. Blackstone. I know she won't be accepting UHC after June 1. If I was just starting this journey now I would go with Dr. Simpson. I have read nothing but good things about him. I am having the LapBand, I am not sure what RNY is as I have not heard of it. Good luck with your journey and let me know how you Dr. Simpson. Who knows, the way things have been going for me I still may have to switch. I started this process last July and just want it over. Maureen
Nicole W.
on 1/24/07 10:57 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Maureen, Maybe call the office and ask why you need this clearance... then ask for them to give you referrals. Also as your PCP. Check www.azmdboard.org with a listings of doctors. Sorry about your experience with your doctor... why people have to be rude and mean while in the medical field is beyond me. Some people just need to be slapped! ~Nicole this came from www.azmedboard.org Specialty Query There are 69 matches for your licensee search with a specialty of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism that have office addresses in Maricopa county. Licensee Name Licensee City, State Status Seema Ahluwalia, MD *ABMS Certified Mesa, Arizona Active Mandana Ahmadian, MD Phoenix, Arizona Canceled Rodolfo Argueta, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Nadeem Aslam, MD *ABMS Certified Surprise, Arizona Active Joan F. Bailey, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Lory E. Baraz, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Genene M. Bekele, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Lyuba Belitsky, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Robert C. Biesbroeck, MD *ABMS Certified Mesa, Arizona Active Marshall B. Block, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Clifton Bogardus, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Kenneth R. Boren, MD *ABMS Certified Tempe, Arizona Active Karen M. Box, MD *ABMS Certified Sun City West, Arizona Active Gyan S. Brard, MD *ABMS Certified Mesa, Arizona Active Joy Bunt, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Sergio J. Cervi-Skinner, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Hyun-Suk Chong, MD *ABMS Certified Peoria, Arizona Active Curtiss B. Cook, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Thomas E. Davis, MD *ABMS Certified Tempe, Arizona Deceased Stephen E. Dippe', MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Richard O. Dolinar, MD Glendale, Arizona Active Daniel S. Duick, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Rohit Dwivedi, MD *ABMS Certified Glendale, Arizona Active Lester A. Epstein, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active James V. Felicetta, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Andrea Ferenczi, MD *ABMS Certified Sun City West, Arizona Active Michael B. Foster, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Momin M. Gabir, MD Glendale, Arizona Active Deborah S. Golob, MD *ABMS Certified Tempe, Arizona Active Diane M. Gronski, MD *ABMS Certified Peoria, Arizona Active Joseph Gutman, MD Tempe, Arizona Active Kristin L. Hanson, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active S. Mitchell Harman, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Stefan Hasinski, MD *ABMS Certified Glendale, Arizona Active Michael J. Hogan, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Mohamad H. Horani, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Unen D. Hsu, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Chioma N. Iweha, MD *ABMS Certified Glendale, Arizona Active Jonathan A. Krakoff, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Atul P. Lalani, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Michael A. Lawson, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Philip Levy, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Alan E. Lewis, MD *ABMS Certified Mesa, Arizona Active Cheruvattath Meera Menon, MD *ABMS Certified Glendale, Arizona Active Christian Meyer, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Chandana Mishra, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Chet S. Monder, MD Glendale, Arizona Active Murugasu Nagul, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Laurance B. Nilsen, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Pasquale J. Palumbo, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active David D. Parrish, MD Scottsdale, Arizona Suspended Dineshkumar H. Patel, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Carrie A. Phillips, MD *ABMS Certified Glendale, Arizona Active Krishna M. Pinnamaneni, MD Tempe, Arizona Active Elena V. Plummer, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Maitreyi Ramrao Prabhu, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Sreedevi S. Reddy, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Lori R. Roust, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Kristina B. Rudgear, MD *ABMS Certified Scottsdale, Arizona Active Mohammed F. Saad, MD Phoenix, Arizona Expired Shahzad A. Shadmany, MD *ABMS Certified Mesa, Arizona Active Jerome H. Targovnik, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Radhika Vattikuti, MD Glendale, Arizona Active B. Sylvia Vela, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active M. Antonia Verso, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active David J. Watts, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active Sydney A. Westphal, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active Michael D. Whitaker, MD Scottsdale, Arizona Active Grace Zlaket-Matta, MD Phoenix, Arizona Active
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/07 1:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
Maureen... -Sreedevi S. Reddy, MD *ABMS Certified Phoenix, Arizona Active- She is my endo and I adore her. She really spends a great deal of time with you. She doesn't just order various tests, she does them herself such as a thyroid ultra sound. She doesn't read labs and prescribe drugs, she combines your symptoms and your labs. I've met too many endos that go by labs alone and tell patients they are fine when they are not fine. I am totally impressed with Dr. Reddy. Can't imagine going to anyone else. Oh, her staff are sweethearts too. You know how a doc's office staff can be a pain in the butt and annoying? Her staff go out of their way to simply be nice. However, the down side is that there is usually a wait in her office to see people. She needs better time management skills. ;o) But when you do see her you'll get her undivided attention.
Maureen O.
on 1/28/07 5:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks everyone for the help. I called Dr. Blackstones's office to see why I need this clearance and was told they will get back to me on Monday with an answer. We'll see. Also, I will look into Sreedevi Reddy, MD to see if she is on my insurance plan. I appreciate the help Chuncky. I'm hoping I won't need this clearance since my insurance already approved my surgery. I will keep you informed. Thanks, Maureen
Most Active