Chandler Support Report

Darlene X
on 1/24/07 12:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
(Report written by Pam) We had a great discussion on exercise last night! Thanks Karen you did a great job and gave us a lot of good information in the handouts. You look fantastic..and good luck on starting your walking program. Becky....it was great to see you!!! You are as beautiful as ever! Anne....Congrats on doing so well just 7 weeks post op. Can't wait to hear about the gym experience with you mom. You go girl! Rene...WOW..happy your surgery finally took place. Hope you start feeling better. EJ and Darlene...look marvelous!!! Thanks for sharing how you plan your meals...exemplifies your success! Gil...it's back to the gym this week! Good luck today...and just think if Dad can do it..so can I! Donna...glad to have you join us! WoW just two weeks post op and you made it to a meeting...I am impressed! Congrats on you weight loss so far! You have lots of successful support people around you!! (Donna is EJ's sister) Wayne...welcome to the 100 club!! Congrats on getting to the gym three times a week! You look FANTASTIC. Myself...(Pam)...who tried not to make too much of a fool of herself on the stability ball (for those not inattendance you missed my circus act! hahahA) Collectively we lost over 1,200+ pounds!! Yahoo...great to be a LOSER~ For those that could not be there...you were MISSED..great to see everyone...let's make exercise top on the list each day!!!! See you next meeting...Second Wednesday, February 14th...Joyce will be facilitating..mark you calendars!
MARY OTU
on 1/24/07 2:42 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Darlene, Could you share your meal planning with all of us here? I would love to see how you and EJ do it as my hubby is also watching his intake. Thanks, Mary
Darlene X
on 1/24/07 3:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Mary, It wasn't really meal panning of sorts.... one of the guys is 15 months post-op, and struggling losing, and with eating.... he wanted to know what EJ and I do, because we are still losing weight.. I told him Im only 10 months post-op so he can't really guage against me... but we talked about healthy choices, what we eat... keeping crap out of the house etc... I work out my calories daily, and always make sure Im in the range I want to be.... just common healthy eating sense... and we do have "treats"... really Im just trying to train myself to eat great 5% of the time, and be ok/splurge a little 5% of the time.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/24/07 4:50 am - Tucson, AZ
Could you list a couple of days worth of what you eat?
Darlene X
on 1/24/07 5:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sure, we post our meals & calories everyday on the March 2006 forum, so I'll copy and paste some of the posts from over there.... This is what Im eating 10 months post-op (taken from the last week or so). My aim is 800-1000 calories a day. I was having an issue with sweet & crunchy cravings in the afternoon, so started having a small serving of the Quaker whole grain rice cake things (60 calories), and they have totally done the trick. -------------------------------------- Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled w/ diced bell pepper, mushroom & potato. (190 Calories) Snack: 3/4oz pepper jack cheese stick & a medium apple (160 Calories) Lunch: A Wrap-- A small whole wheat tortilla, filled with 1/2 a Turkey burger pattie diced up, mayo, relish, lettuce & green bell pepper (212 Calories) Snack: A lite yogurt & a serving of quaker whole grain cinnamon sugar rice snacks (160 Calories) Dinner: 1/2 C of Mexican spinach hamburger casserole-- hamburger, black beans, onion, rotels, jalapeno's, light cream cheese, sour cream-- Its a recipe posted on our board (230 calories) That gives me approximately 950 calories for the day. ----------------------------------------------- Breakfast: 1 Packet Quaker Low Sugar Oatmeal (120 Calories) Snack: Frigo pepperjack Cheese stick & an apple (160 calories) Lunch: Yummy Wrap (Small Whole Wheat Tortilla, 1oz Chicken breast, tomatoes, spinach, red onion, mayo & a little relish) --- 222 calories-- Darn that mayo freaking 100 calories for a serving! Snack: 1oz 2% Cheddar Cheese & 7 Quaker Rice snacks (150 Calories) Dinner: Salad (1 C baby spinach, 2oz chicken breast, tomato, red onion, small handful of peanuts & dressing) -- 234 calories Snack: 1 SF Dove dark chocolate (36 calories) That gives me approximately 926 Calories for today. ----------------------------------------------- Breakfast: 1 Cup Kashi Strawberry Fields Cereal with about 1/4C 1% Milk (I don't drink the milk after eating cereal) --- 150 Calories -- This was actually too much, left me feeling uncomfortable, so I will lower it to 3/4C Next time. Snack: Yoplait Light Yogurt & a Banana (200 Calories) Lunch: 1/2 C White Chicken Chili with a little shredded cheese (198 Calories) Snack: A 2% String Cheese & A serving (7) of the Quaker Whole Grain Honey Graham rice snacks. (130 calories) Dinner: Omaha Steak Burger pattie & a small side salad (Lettuce, snap peas, tomatoes & dressing) -- The burger is 4oz, and while I can eat a 4oz Turkey burger pattie ok, Im pretty sure 4oz of steak burger will be too much-- the meat is more dense, so I plan on trying to get 3oz in. (250 calories) Note: I ate 3/4 of it, so yeah 3oz That gives me about 900 calories today. --------------------------------------------- Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled w/ diced onion, red bell pepper, mushroom & cheese (135 Calories) Snack: 6oz Blue Bunny Lite 85 Yogurt & a medium banana (180 calories) Lunch: 3/4C White Chicken Chili (Made it in the crock-pot last night: Chicken Breast Northern beans, Summer Squash, Onion, Garlic, Green Chillies, Tomatoes & various spices--- topped it with a little cheddar cheese) --- 210 Calories Snack: A 1oz pepper Jack Cheese Stick & a serving of quaker whole grain honey graham rice cakes. (160 Calories) Dinner: Shrimp Stir-fry (Approz 2oz small shrimp, onion, snap peas, mushroom, bell pepper & sweet n sour sauce) --- 152 calories Snack: 1 SF Dove Chocolate (38 calories) That put's me at a total of approx 880 Calories for the day. --------------------------------------
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/24/07 7:28 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for posting these ideas and I will check out the other message board.
Most Active