what about those of us who have strange working hours not to many groups meet at

sassyznaz
on 1/23/07 4:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
What about those of us who have strange working hours not to many groups meet at a park or mall or someplace? With my schdule it is hard to make those regularly schduled group meetings. I have hours that i never know till i go in if my schdule will change or not. I currently am in a situation where i will have set hours but still will not beable to meet at the suport groups cause of my hours. Dosent anyone else have this problem? i find out about a new job real soon and hoping it will work out. If anyone reading this wants to get together maybe we can set up our own group.
Nicole W.
on 1/23/07 3:03 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Are you looking for a support group that is coordinated with your surgeons office? or another one? Scottsdale Bariatric Center has a support group for their patients the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm. I work evenings so I know how it is to try and rearrange your work schedule. Fortunately, I have a manager that is very supportive of my surgery and she lets me leave early when I want to go and make up my time. A few of us had made suggestions to have a Saturday morning group (even if it was once a month)... the staff loved the idea too, but I think they need to take a poll from the patients. I have worked many different hours through the day since I was 19 or 20... my social life sucked for a while, but I was making some good money (which went to partying and going out with friends) but oh well. I work nights now because I go to school full time also and I love the night differential pay! Take Care, Nicole
Most Active