can anyone recomment a good counselor/therapist

beth0603
on 1/22/07 2:28 pm - Chandler, AZ
I live in Chandler and was curious if anyone knows of a good counselor/therapist that is familiar with handling weight/issues issues ? Thanks, Beth
M. clarke
on 1/23/07 5:07 am
Beth. Lisa Galper is fantastic if your insurance will cover her. She is a psychiatrist so she is a little more pricey then a counselor/therapist. She does a lot of work with eating disorders, issues and she has dealt with a lot of bariatric clients. She is in Scottsdale though. Don't know if you want to travel. She is also doing a seminar/class I think at the hospital (Scottsdale Shea). It is around $350 or something, and I think the class is on Thursday night. I think it is 6 weeks long if I remember right. I don't remember exactly when or where, but if you interested let me know and I can find out. I have the email some place.
beth0603
on 1/23/07 1:32 pm - Chandler, AZ
I think I remember her from the seminars..I liked her a lot.. If you could send me any info you have on the classes that would be great! -Beth
M. clarke
on 1/24/07 7:45 am
It looks like the classes already started on Jan. 18th. Sorry. I didn't realize it had already started. You can see if there is still room though the registration number is 480 882 4636. If you go to SHC.org you should be able to see the schedule of events they have. I think lisa has a bio there also. She might do another one. That is a really good price for her and 10 classes.
Nicole W.
on 1/23/07 3:10 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Beth, Have you tried calling the office? I remember Buddy mentioning a few times, that if you ever needed assistance post-op that they can refer you to doctors that they know of that are WLS or weight issues friendly. Maybe they can give you a doc that is in your area. ~Nicole
Most Active