Who got SNOW?

carolem
on 1/22/07 6:55 am - Austin , TX
Melissa, if you ever lived in rain country (I'm from Seattle) you would feel about rain like you do snow. When you only get rain every once in awhile it's fun, but in Seattle it's more like you count the days it doesn't, because there are so few of them! We would play "beach"in front of the windw on the days the sun actually came out. For me I think the snow is fun, but would I like it all the time, or any extended period of time, probably not. To even think about digging my car out to get off to work would not happen too many times, I would either get a garage or leave the area! What's even funnier, is how the people in Seattle that are from the mid-west think the weather there is just wonderful compared to where they moved from! It's all perception.....good thing we all don't like the same thing!
M. clarke
on 1/22/07 7:50 am
Carole. I imagine if it rained every day I would feel different. The year I moved from MI the sun hadn't come out in like 39 days straight or something like, maybe more. It was so depressing! My ex boss in an effort to get me to come back to Michigan offered to pay me enough so that I could afford a garage and a 4x4 auto. LOL. I still said no thanks. All that slipping and sliding on the roads, blac**** ditching you car. I'd rather take my chances on the 101. But I do miss the big thunderstorms that would come in off Lake Michigan and rumble on for hours and hours, sometimes days at a time. We just don't get those storms here.
Tiffany McGee
on 1/22/07 4:05 am - Glendale, AZ
It supposidly snowed in Glendale, but all I saw was Hail. Small little ahil beads. My hubby is from Upstate NY so he got a good chuckle out of the school closures today for snow days. Take Care! Tiff
E. Parnell
on 1/22/07 12:57 pm - Safford, AZ
I live in Safford- we got about 7-9 inches of snow. It was awesome! It snowed all Sunday night and up until about 2:00pm today. It has melted off the roads, but it is still on the ground in my yards etc. My kids had a snow day today, and I had my work canceled (work at a school) tomorrow because some of the teachers can't get home or to the school (snowed in). I have to wait until the morning to see if my daughter will have school or not again. It's been nice- besides the fact that I'm starting to have sinus congestion and a sore throat & don't know what, if anything, that I can take. I'm just 3 weeks post-op on Wednesday. Erica
sassyznaz
on 1/23/07 3:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
We got flakes that didnt stick to the ground on Sunday and i called my friend that is close to northern and she didnt get any i am on 19th and bethanyhome. i was so glad that the snow didnt stick to the ground. I am from northern ca and i know snow...
Most Active