Lunch in Phoenix

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/07 12:40 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi folks... I post on Dr. Aceves' forum and several of us are going to meet at Sweet Tomatoes at Metro Center on 1/27/06 12PM for lunch. A few newbies and a few old timers. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us! We chose Sweet Tomatoes because of the variety of soups, pastas, and salads. It should work for anyone regardless of what their diet may be (due to recent surgery, etc.). Hope folks attend!
Nicole W.
on 1/20/07 5:44 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Mmmmm... Sweet Tomatoes! Have a good time. I would join you but I can't have that stuff yet... 6 more weeks for me!
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/07 1:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
Nicole... You can't have creamed soups? Broth? Yogurt? What do you eat? Here, check out the menu for 1/27: http://www.souplantation.com/locations/restaurant.asp?store_id=95&store_name=Metro_Center& dt=1/27/2007&disp=future#menu
M. clarke
on 1/21/07 3:03 am
We are on protein driven diets. Even when we can have vegetables and fruits it is limited to 1 bite per 3 bites of protein. The RNY is a lot different then the band when it comes to eating food. We are very limited to what we can eat and have to be very careful as our pouches are very sensitive for the first four months while they heal. Anything acidic such as tomatoes, oranges, pineapple can cause ulcers or tearing. Carbohydrates such as bread, peas, corn, potato's can cause our pouches to stretch to early. It was a very nice invitation though! I love that place and am absolutely dying to eat a salad!! Another 7 weeks for me! Although I could eat jello & broth from the menu I don't think I could handle the temptation of all those yummy salads! Have fun all of those who can partake! I look forward to joining those ranks soon!
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/07 3:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
We have at least one person that will be on Jell-O and broth at that time too. I didn't realize bypass folks had such a different diet. Ours is 2 weeks of clear liquids, 2 weeks of thick liquids, 2 weeks of pureed foods, and then regular food... whatever our bands will tolerate. Well, we'll be doing this again soon. I do hope more folks can join us! I'd LOVE to meet other WLS folks in Phoenix.
Nicole W.
on 1/23/07 3:14 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Do you like fish? We should meet up for lunch at L&L Hawiian BBQ. It is over on i-17 and Happy Valley. They have a good size Grilled Mahi Mahi for $4.00 and also Hawaiian BBQ Chicken (cooked with terakyi sauce) it is very moist and good! Katie and I try to get together and do lunch here and there... we need to get together again soon... come join us! Erin, Cathy and I were talking about it too!
M. clarke
on 1/23/07 3:41 pm
1-17 and happy valley? My gosh that is almost to anthem. You all live to far away! LOL. I could do that though. Meet you for lunch there some day. That would be fun I can't eat chicken. Tried again tonight. It wasn't pleasant. But I am determined to try it about every 2 weeks. I was actually doing pretty good on the throwing up too. Only like 3 times in the past two weeks. The fish would be good though.
Nicole W.
on 1/23/07 3:45 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
there's one in mesa too!
M. clarke
on 1/23/07 3:49 pm
LOL. Is okay I will make a day of it if we meet for lunch. I will head up to Anthem after and see my nieces. They are so darn cute. Can't ever get enough of them.
sassyznaz
on 1/23/07 3:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
I think having lunch someplace is a good idea but for those of us the work diffrent hours things like that are hard even going to the suport groups..... may you all have a great time
Most Active