I made it across! I'm ALIVE!!

horizontallychallenged
on 1/20/07 5:43 am
Thank you Pam for checking up on me and keeping everyone posted, I'm ALIVE!! This CHICKEN crossed the road!! It's been 5 days already, I haven't had any problems but trouble passing gas ... anyway I can sleep on my right & my left sides now, coughing still hurts if I'm not sitting up and ready for it, I'm taking Lecithin so I'm not having bowel problems and I haven't been nauseated or had to use any pain killers - actually, I didn't even need to get the RX filled. I was preparing for a harder time that I'm having right now, hopefully it will stay this easy for awhile. I have pain in the lower left abdominal quadrant when I walk but not bad. My most painful times are bloat from trapped gas. I've lost 8 solid pounds as of today and if I count the 4 I gained in the hospital it would be 12 pounds so far. In reality, 8 pounds down from my 229 starting weight.
pwrightt
on 1/20/07 8:51 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Welcome to the loosing side. I was going to call you today. 8lbs and you just got out of the hospital. WOW. I'm on my way to buy some Lecitan for you know what. You will have some pain on the lower left side of your abdominal. That is normal. Glad you made it though safe and well. Pam
M. clarke
on 1/20/07 2:14 pm
Congrats!!! You did the RYN right? You only gained 4 pounds in the hospital?? Lucky! LOL. I gained 15 from the surgery! Sleeping on your side might be hard for a while. It was hard for me for about six weeks. I'm glad your doing so well! Keep up the hard work and welcome to the losing side!
vquigley
on 1/20/07 3:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations! I know when I had my surgery, it was not as bad as I had anticipated. Keep up the good work, drink those fluids and walk, walk, walk. Virginia
Nicole W.
on 1/20/07 5:43 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats! Glad you are nice and comfortable. That was one of my fears, the pain... but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. After a few weeks I was sleeping on my stomach (I am a total stomach sleeper!) and it was pretty much pain free... but I used pillows to help support my sides when I couldnt sleep flat on my back. Stay well!
Randi D.
on 1/21/07 2:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am so glad you're doing well. Congratulations!
Most Active