Ready to get on with it.....

baskets4u
on 1/18/07 12:46 am
Well this is my first posting to this web site. I have been scheduled for surgery 3/19/07, with Dr Blackstone, needless to say I am scared to death. Even though my sister in law had surgery 9 monthes ago and is doing great in IL. I know everyone is different in their experience. Any words of wisdom out there?
MARY OTU
on 1/18/07 1:10 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Su, I had my surgery in October. I was not afraid at all but very excited instead. Robin Blackstone is just a wonderful, capable surgeon. You are in good hands. Your best bet on educating yourself and getting all of your questions answered is to go to support group on first Mondays and third Wednesdays. I would not have been nearly as ready if I had not been going for months before my surgery. See you on the 5th at Support Group! mary
Nicole W.
on 1/18/07 2:43 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Su, Welcome! Like Mary said, you are in very good hands. Fortunately Dr. Blackstone has excellent pre-surgery education classes and great support groups. Lots of your questions will be answered in the pre-op classes. Please join us for support groups... the 1st Monday and 2nd Wednesday of each month. They are very resourceful and helpful! If you have ANY questions, please let me know! ~Nicole
baskets4u
on 1/18/07 5:04 am
Thanks Nicole, I will go on the 1st Monday of Feb. I am usually in school but I will be late on that night. I think it is worth the peace of mind. I guess I know too much or should I say enough to be dangerous, I am in a Respiratory Therapy program 2nd year and I am no SPRING CHICKEN. Son goes to college mom goes to college. I'm sure once I go to the education classes and the support group, this will become less scarey. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know Dr Blackstone is the best choice...she has great outcomes and less complications ( I worked for an infusion company and saw the surgeries with issues.) Su
Nicole W.
on 1/18/07 5:17 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I was a respiratory therapy student for 2 years... after passing out when doing a ABG. I decided it wasn't for me anymore! I am now going for my degree is Business adminstration and started up with classes this week. FUN FUN! Glad you are here... hope to meet you at group!
MARY OTU
on 1/18/07 5:01 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Su, For more info on support groups go to http://www.scottsdalebariatric.com/2003/patients/ The groups start at 6pm and end at 7:30 Mary
alligatorpgr
on 1/18/07 6:10 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Su, I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. B, on the 21st of March, so I will just be checking in as you will be checking out. .....If you are still there when I have my surgery maybe we can walk the halls together. Take care, and best wishes Alli
baskets4u
on 1/18/07 6:22 am
Hi Alli, Good luck with your surgery ...if I am still there I would love to walk the halls with youl Have you gone to any support group meetings? Su
Maureen O.
on 1/20/07 4:39 am - Glendale, AZ
Hello Alli, Can I ask you how long you have been waiting to get scheduled? I see they are scheduling out to March now. I have been goring through this process since last July and I am still not scheduled. I don't think I want to wait any longer and was hoping to have this done last Oct. and now I see I will probably have to wait till March or April. Anyway, my question is how long have you been waiting and did you have any problems with the staff answering phone calls and submitting your info to the ins.? Thank you, Maureen
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/07 9:40 am - avondale, AZ
Su, Best of luck to you. You have come so far, so make sure you get every question you have answered. Otherwise you will just go crazy before you surgery with all of the "what if's?", I know I would. You have definitely come to the right place to ask your questions. Anyone on this board is happy to answer your questions. Take care, Danielle
Most Active