Back on Dr. B's schedule!

carolem
on 1/18/07 2:03 am - Austin , TX
I was called this am and given my new pre-op appt for Monday the 22nd and my surgery date next Friday the 26th is as scheduled. I feel lucky they kept my date. I didn't ask any questions about the emergency, I just felt it was none of my business and it looks like they are doing everything possible to make things right. I was so happy to see they are getting Danielle in next Wednesday. It needed to happen for her right away to not totally upset her life. So that is great.... I hope they don't put other patients through what we all went through right before surgery. Some of you may not think this was such a big deal, but you need to remember how you were 2 weeks before surgery, it's a pretty emotional time. Your anxious, nervous, scared, then add total frustration to the mix and it makes for a very difficult time. I did find out some pretty interesting things about other bariatric centers, they are all a little different. I would have probably gone with the people over at Bridges had this not worked out. They could have fast tracked me for a surgery in about 2 weeks since all my tests were done. It was just a matter of them calling the ins. co. I had a pretty good recomendation from someone on this board, so I really appreciate that. Thank you everyone for your input, I know everyone meant well, even if you didn't always tell me what I wanted to hear!!! Everything works out......thanks again.
Nicole W.
on 1/18/07 2:45 am - Cave Creek, AZ
JRinAZ
on 1/18/07 3:40 am - Layton, UT
Yay!
pwrightt
on 1/18/07 7:39 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Glad you're back on track. And yes everyone should remember how nervous they were two weeks before surgery. Pam
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/07 9:36 am - avondale, AZ
This is great news... Make sure you stop by and say hi, I should still be in the hospital until that afternoon. It is finally happening, YEAH for us.
carolem
on 1/19/07 2:33 am - Austin , TX
Hey Danielle, we have to meet, I'll probably just be getting into my room though about the time your leaving! My husband will be around, if you see a tall (6"4") good looking, guy with glasses wondering the halls it's probably him! We might be in the same post op class at the hospital if we don't meet after my surgery. I don't think I'll be too lively when I get to my room! I am so happy for you that the timing is working out, we'll soon be on the losing side. I have to figure out how to do one of those ticker's. Anyway, good luck to you, my husband's sister lives in the Denver area, they sent us pictures of all the snow around their house at Christmas. They must like it there her husband isn't even working for the same company he was transferred with and they haven't gone back to the Bay Area. I think they have a much bigger house there than what they could buy in CA. Take care.....
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/07 9:57 am - AZ
Good Luck Carole, I am glad to see you are back on track!!!! See you on the losing side....Erin
Most Active