Hot Chocolate???

Ginger
on 1/15/07 9:43 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi All, Did I read from somewhere on this board about a type of hot chocolate protein?? I tried doing my own mix this morning with sugar-free hot chocolate and a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder....ooooooh, I couldn't even bring it up to my lips...clumps all over the place. Is there a special kind of protein for this? I am still in search of the perfect protein supplement that I can tolerate..just can't seem to get all my grams in each day. Hugs, Ginger
MARY OTU
on 1/16/07 12:47 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Ginger, I have found Designer chocolate is very good. I add about a half cup of soy milk, crushed ice and a little instant decaf. Blend up in blender to make the shake. Sometimes I add peanut butter instead of the decaff. As for hot chocolate I have not tried it but I know from basic cooking that you would need to mix the powder in cold water first and then add the ho****er or warm up the cold water/protein mixure in a pan. Good luck! Mary
Darlene X
on 1/16/07 1:20 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ginger, The Matrix Chocolate protein powder is what most of the support group uses to make hot chocolate... you have to temper it first... mix just a little bit of warm water with the powder until you get it smooth, then slowly add the rest of the ho****er.
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/17/07 10:16 am - Tucson, AZ
Matrix is ok....not the best protein.......it is not a complete protein like Unjury is. Sandy
jenniebr
on 1/16/07 6:03 am - queen creek, AZ
I use the "anyWhey" protein. I got it at GNC. It is flavorless, odorless and has a texture but I add it to crystal lite and I love it. Just add it to the SF Hot Chocolate mix. I add this to all soups and baked goods. It adds texture but in soup and chili you can not tell. Good Luck and Keep warm! Jen
lacygirlcat
on 1/16/07 9:34 am - Morehead, KY
Hey from Kentucky. The brand I like is Protidiet hot cocoa. You can get it at bsslex.com. It's really good.
M. clarke
on 1/16/07 11:57 am
Lorrie do you know if it has artificial sweeteners in it? It dosen't say on the website.
lacygirlcat
on 1/16/07 11:53 pm - Morehead, KY
It has 90 calories; fat 0.5; cholesterol 5 mg; sodium 220 mg; potassium 330mg; total carbs 5 grams; fiber less than 1 gram; sugars 2 grams and protein 15 grams; calcium 25% and iron 6%. It does list sucralose as sweetner.
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/17/07 10:12 am - Tucson, AZ
I put Unjury protein my starbucks coffee...I grind at home. I use canned milk...I also use sugar free syrup from starbucks in my coffee....It is yummy. Sandy
Most Active