Good, looks like some of us are awake!

carolem
on 1/10/07 1:14 am - Austin , TX
I check into the Arizona board first, expecting to see some activity from this lively group. When it goes for days and the usual suspects are not posting anything, I wonder where they are. Glad to hear from a few of you. Keep the postings coming. I'm doing great, this Friday will be 2 weeks until the big day. Can't wait to get there. Scary but exciting all at the same time. What do you guys think about this fiasco with Joy Philban interviewing one of her guests that had lost a tremendous amount of weight, asked the equestion "why didn't you take the easy way out and get banded?" "so many people are" I know it's being said out of ignorance, but do you think emails should be sent to the View since she's such a public figure and information that is not correct by a major media outlet does not help WLS. With bad information out there it's hard for families to understand when a member wants to pursue this avenue. Friends have a misconception and are not as supportive as they could be, and some insurance companies make it very difficult for approvals. It' all information that is needed to educate the public, not everyone is going to take the time to educate themselves unless they are considering the surgery. Just something to think about, even the Today show (I think it was last week) just barely covered it and didn't really put out that much information. This is the time of year everyone resolves to be healthier, part of that is losing weight. An informed public would help so many people that have given up on controlling their weight. What do you think?
CINABOBINA
on 1/10/07 2:26 am
Hey Carole I dont do daytime t.v. - so ingnorance is bliss to me - As I would need to grow much thicker skin to be able to sit and listen to such garbage ! ( that would add weight to my body ) - no thanks !! I figure that they have to get contraversy going to keep ratings and to stay on t.v. - make money to support their own bad habits and rotten marriages etc....
carolem
on 1/10/07 2:34 am - Austin , TX
I don't do daytime tv either, I work all day long. This is just what I heard about from a post on one of the other forums. I'm more concerned that people have the wrong idea about the surgery and how it affects those of us that have choosen this process. I think information out in the media should be correct. I think her statements were made out of ignorance but my question is, should it be brought to the media's attention that they are wrong to make such statements that are not based in fact?
M. clarke
on 1/10/07 3:37 am
Carole, It is interesting that they just said something like that on the view. I was reading some post on other sites where people were upset and writing in because of some statements made on the today show. I think if it upset you certainly you should write to them. Don't personally watch the view. Mostly I think they say a lot of stupid stuff. But I'm always up for standing up for a good cause. If you have an e-mail I will send off an e-mail.
carolem
on 1/10/07 4:23 am - Austin , TX
I went into the view abc.com and it get's you right in. The upper left hand corner has 3 email addresses, and Joy is one of them. You don't have to write a lot I just think they should be careful about putting out wrong information. I would personally like them to have a bariatric doctor or admin person on their show to really educate people, but that's probably too much to hope for! Good Luck,
Most Active