Dr Schlesinger

BIG F.
on 1/7/07 6:38 am - chandler, AZ
Has anyone heard information on DR S. Some say he moved to PA, I also heard he is still in the area. He was my surgeon but he isn't with the Barix anymore. What do I do if I have complications. I was also told the Barix Clinic closed. Any help would be appreciated. Lamont 357/245
CINABOBINA
on 1/7/07 9:57 pm
Lamont Go and check the azmdboard.org - you might be able to find info on Dr S. or check the Barix website and see if there is another # you can call. I believe you are far enough out that you should be able to follow up with a good Primary care doctor or you can always call the other practices here in AZ - I have not heard or Dr Juarez or Fang turning anyone away.
Arizona_Sun
on 1/8/07 3:26 am - Gilbert, AZ
Barix is referring all their patients to a Dr. Simon. We are supposed to be getting a letter to tell us where to go, but thus far I have not received one. You might try calling the main Barix number and asking them because they would be your best source of information about how to get treatment if you need it. Personally, I think it is rather irresponsible of them to close the clinic and not tell ALL of their patients who to contact if they need a WLS surgeon for a problem. The only mail I have had was a letter about the support group being discontinued. Since I never went to it because of the location/time (rush hour) I did not pay close attention to the letter, but am pretty sure it did not say anything about closing or who they were referring us to. Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 1:13 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sandy - oh can I relate to your post! I had my surgery 6/28/05 - and a WEEK later the surgeon at PV Hospital took ill, and they permanently closed the clinic a month later! Talk about scary!!!!! Thankfully, Dr Blackstone agreed to take on any of Dr Magarys' patients, but Ive yet to run into anyone over there when I go for my follow up appts. It sure was upsetting to lose my bariatric team (support and followup) right after surgery - thank goodness Dr Blackstone is so wonderful! Hopefully everyone will be taken care of who was involved with Barix - take care! deb
Most Active