PCP and PSYCH recommendations

vickinicole
on 1/5/07 11:40 am - Bryan, TX
hey there, I went to a seminar in 2004 at Brigham & Womens hospital when I lived in Boston, I will probably go to one of Dr. Simpsons seminars in the the next couple of months it will be quite awhile before I can get the surgery if i have to pay out of pocket so I am doing alot of research for now
quiltz
on 1/6/07 4:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
I specifically heard Dr. Blackstone say in her seminar that you don't have a 6 month doctor supervised diet if you are self pay. Her psych is on her staff, but there is a $350 charge for him. I'm sure you can find one that is much less expensive and won't use the huge questionaire her psych uses! He's good, but that form takes forever! Good luck in your search!
Stephanie W.
on 1/6/07 8:54 am - Peoria, AZ
Vicki- If you go with Dr. Simpson, and you self-pay, you will not need the 6 month supervised diet. You will need the psych eval, but not the in depth one with the questionnaire that is required by the insurance companies. Just a casual visit with the counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist of your choice. I work in a hospital and Christine at Dr. Simpson's office told me I could just ask one of the social workers at the hospital to interview me and write a recommendation. So, there are FREE options out there. Steph
Most Active