PCP and PSYCH recommendations

vickinicole
on 1/5/07 5:02 am - Bryan, TX
Hi everyone, I am seeking both a PCP and Psychologist recommendation, preferably dr.s who are pro- weight loss surgery i moved to arizona 1 year ago from Boston so I don't have a PCP or a Psychologist i also don't have insurance so I am raising funds so that I can pay for everything I need including the 6 month doctor supervised diet, which is why I need a PCP recommendation and the Psych eval which is why I need a psychologist recommendation I live in Glendale, off 51st AVENUE and Northern AVEnue, so if anyone can recommend dr.s that would be great thank you
carolem
on 1/5/07 5:12 am - Austin , TX
I thought your surgeon woud be the one to recommend the Psych, that's how ours went. I can recommend a good PCP and he's pretty close to where you are since he moved. His name is Jeffrey Zacher, his phone is 602.996-7290 and he's pro WLS. He's also a very nice doctor, the only problem I've had with him is if you go in there and tell him you feel terrible and don't know why, he'll find out! You'll go through enough testing for him to find out! He has a little bit of a weight problem himself so he understands the problem.
Nicole W.
on 1/5/07 5:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Majority family goes to Dr. Jeffery Zacher... he moved from PV Mall area to 16th Ave and Glendale right? They probably wont go to him anymore since his move. I go to Dr. Connie Abarikwu... she is located over on 40th Street and Bell Rd. She is great and I have recommended her to a few people on this board and I am pretty sure they go to her. As for a pysch eval, does your surgeon work anyone in particular.
Sheryl Tilley
on 1/5/07 7:05 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Vicki! Look up Shelley Doumani in Glendale for psych. EZ one hour appointment and no 350 question test. That's who I used for the psych evaluation. Sheryl 320/165/160 Oct. 28th, 2005
alligatorpgr
on 1/5/07 9:33 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Vicki, if you are going to be self-pay you won't have to go through a 6-month supervised diet, that's an insurance requirement. If your surgeon requires a psch consult, they will usually recommend one for you that works with their office. Have you picked a surgeon yet? Good luck and keep us posted
vickinicole
on 1/5/07 9:58 am - Bryan, TX
I am so happy to see how much of a supportive and helpful community everyone here on the AZ boards are
pwrightt
on 1/5/07 10:07 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Vicki: Dr. Barbara Maxwell. She's on the third floor at St.Lukes. For cash paying customers I believe she's about $190. Good luck
vickinicole
on 1/5/07 10:08 am - Bryan, TX
hi is she a psych or pcp?
pwrightt
on 1/5/07 10:19 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Sorry: She's a psych. If you use either Dr.Juarez or Dr.Fang she is who his office recommended. Good luck
lemarie22
on 1/5/07 11:11 am - Glendale, AZ
Vicki, I left a reply for you on another thread, but in case you don't get it, my pcp, who I love to pieces, is Don Barlow on 43rd Ave and Northern. He's at North Family Medicine. Don't see his partner, who is a quack, in my humble opinion. I think someone else said that you probably won't need the 6 month physician supervised diet if you are self-pay and I think that's correct. I'm pretty sure that some of the surgeons require the psych eval whether you are self-pay or not. Have you been to a surgeon's seminar yet? I'm sure you can ask at a seminar whether or not you have to have the 6 month diet and psych eval. Connie
Most Active