Dr. Blackstone and UHC

lemarie22
on 1/5/07 10:59 am - Glendale, AZ
Vicki, If you were asking about my pcp, yes he is. He's Dr. Barlow at North Family Medicine on 43rd Ave. It's near Northern. The office isn't fancy and he's a funny little guy, but he's never steered me wrong. Connie
Sandy in Tucson
on 1/5/07 1:05 am - Tucson, AZ
I am glad you are going to have WLS. I know your happy with Dr. Blackstone abilities. You are probably better off at you PCP after surgery....in my opinion. Dr. Blackstone operated on my 2 of my friends, 2 years ago. Rarely...like rarely do they ever see Dr. Blackstone, herself with the follow up appts.....Dr. Blackstone has her nurse or her other surgeons do most of her follow up care. That is what I been told. So, to get that kind of service. Your PCP is a better deal. My opinion. Maybe things will change at her office now that some the other Dr's left. Sandy Dr Fang 347/147/140w
Nicole W.
on 1/5/07 5:33 am - Cave Creek, AZ
This is true, you won't see Dr. Blackstone for any post-op visits. You will see the Randy or Melissa the nurse pracitioners. The only time I saw Dr. Blackstone after my hospital stay was when I went in overnight when my stricture was getting fixed and she was doing her rounds. After our 1 month class we were advised all issues can also be handled by our PCP's since they are readily available.
M. clarke
on 1/6/07 4:24 am
I saw Dr. Blackstone in the office after my Hospital Stay. I have an appointment on the 9th again, but i think that is with a diatician or something. I like Melissa and Randy anyways! They are just as good at answering my questions. Truthfully the most important thing I did was pay her to keep me on the living side of the 1 of 200 die from complications from surgery. Dr. Blackstones patients have a 7% average of complications after surgery, the national average is 10%.
CINABOBINA
on 1/5/07 4:49 am
Hey Alli Dont stress ! All will be fine . As long as you get through surgery and the first 90 days .. You only need to See Dr B again if you plan on more surgery ! I see her more now at differant weight loss events then I ever saw her in her office ! She gave a friend a great Primary care doctor and I will be switching too .. Plus you never know if at the last minute negotiations might work out. I have one question for you ... Did you pay any kind of program fee ?? I did and I need to figure how that is going to effect things ... $1,000 is a lot of money . talk to ya soon , tell Miss Rosa to get back to oqwrk when you see her .
Nicole W.
on 1/5/07 5:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
They discontinued the program fee back in the summer when Dr. Kohler left. Someone at the holiday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory told me that the fee was Dr. Kohler's idea and that the Wish Center charged that fee... so when she went to SBC she started that. I guess they dropped it when she left... THANKFULLY, because I didnt have to pay it.
Most Active