Work!!!

ShyOne2U
on 12/27/06 7:34 am - OR
Hello My name is Lisa...and I'm new to the group. I was wondering about work...how soon did you ret to work after your WLS? thank you for your time
Susanbs4
on 12/27/06 9:01 am
Hi Lisa, I had RNY and returned after four weeks. I have a desk job without any lifting....I was driving about a week post op and felt good around the third week.
Nicole W.
on 12/27/06 9:26 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I have a desk job also and came back to work after 5 weeks with my Lap RNY... only because I had a stricture and was pretty weak. But I was ready to go back to work at 3 weeks... just took the extra weeks to relax. Welcome to the board!
carolem
on 12/28/06 4:00 am - Austin , TX
Hi Lisa, My husband had lap band and he was ready after 2 weeks. He also works from an office, no lifting, not even grocery bags out of the car. Lap Band is a little less invasive so the recovery is somewhat less. Just don't ru**** you'll feel pretty weak the first week, but just follow your doctor's instructions, walk a lot, even if it's just around your house, drink lots of water and follow the 1st month's diet very closely. The 1st month is very soft proteins, to give your new pouch a chance to heal properly. Good Luck, welcome to our board! CaroleM
juanita barela
on 12/28/06 4:43 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I had open RNY on Dec 5th and went back to my deskjob in 2 weeks. With no problems.
Nancy H.
on 12/28/06 11:20 am - Yuma, AZ
Lisa, I, too, had a desk job. I stayed home for 2 weeks, returned part time on the 3rd week and full time the 4th week. I also battled pneumonia immediately following surgery and did absolutely fine. I physically was able to return when I did, I was just a little tired and would have preferred to stay home longer just to be lazy.
Most Active