It's amazing what...

Nicole W.
on 12/27/06 1:16 am - Cave Creek, AZ
50lbs can do! My family and I went to Disney for Christmas and I was able to ride Space Mountain for the first time I was 12! For the last few years that I have been going to California I haven't been on a roller coaster because I was afraid with my weight I wouldn't fit. But this time it was fine! I am exhausted from 4 days in the park and all that walking but it was a nice time and a great Christmas present. Also, all those 2XL shirts I bought years ago that are way too small and were tight now fit me... so I was able to wear what I wanted, but was also very good on what I bought as I am still "shrinking" Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
MARY OTU
on 12/27/06 4:48 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole, Yep amazing what a difference 50lbs is. You have lost a lot very fast. I have lost about 60 now myself and I am so thrilled! Every week I feel smaller and bonier. As soon as I take my clothes in they are too big again. Thank goodness for re-sale shops. We have a whole new world opening up for us. I told my husband that I am thinking of buying a sexy blouse for New Year's Eve. I already have a clingy black short skirt. It has been a long time since I thought I could pull off "sexy" or "clingy." So here's to us loosers! Happy New Year! Happy new LIFE! Cheers, Mary
AZdove
on 12/28/06 8:07 pm - Tolleson, AZ
My friend turned me on to a nice little shop on the westside of town where everything is $5.00 or less. I have shopped there for a couple of years because they carry all sizes up to and including 5X. These are new clothes and trendy, you just have to be careful because some of them are 2nds. A number of the shirts I have purchased there have shrunk after 2 or 3 washings but for $5 I really got my use out of them. I am looking forward after surgery to going there about once a month and moving down a rack. Between my $5 store and my sewing machine I am hoping to not have my clothes falling off of me. In 1995 I lost about 75 pounds within 3 months due to personal issues and stress. I found I was quite the good seamstress. The only issue that I did have was underwear. I could literally pull my panties up through the neck of my blouse! But alas, I gained all of that weight back plus more. That is one thing I am hoping does not occur after WLS. I am going to be watching like a hawk for any indication that I would stray from the losing side again! This is an opportunity directly from God and I want to honour it! Oh btw, the $5 store in is the Wal-Mart parking lot at 75th Ave and Osborn (next to Payless Shoes).
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/06 7:10 am - AZ
Way to go Nicole, that is so awesome! I can't wait to be there with you.. Erin
KT300
on 12/28/06 2:55 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
RIGHT ON NICOLE!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!! Hope to be right there with you soooooooooon!! I've lost 36lbs. last I checked!!! Hope you had fun!! Let's talk soon!! Katie
chrisaf
on 12/29/06 1:29 am - Kingman, AZ
Hello Nicole what a wonderful update from you. I love Disneyland and I know what you mean. We go almost every year and I dont go on many of the rides because the fear of being too big. We had surgery about the same time my surgery was 11/6/06 the first time. I have had a few complications starting with 2 strictures the second resulting in a perforated bowel and I last week I was taken into emergency surgery where they had to do an open procedure and redo part of the RNY. I have been very depressed since then but hearing your story and ones like it make me see hope. I have now lost 44lbs and cannot wait until I hit the 50 mark. Although this last week and my current wt loss has not been as exciting to me because of the depression and having to "start over", hearing your story reminded me of how excited I was to be reaching my first goal of 50 lbs. Congrats and thanks. Christine
Nicole W.
on 12/29/06 5:49 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Awww Christine, I am so sorry for your complications. I too have had 2 strictures. Keep staying positive, you are still a success in eyes! 44lbs is ALOT! Keep yourself in good spirits! ~Nicole
Most Active