Mini gastri bypass

azunruly
on 12/26/06 4:25 am - Hot as Hell, AZ
I was wondering if anyone in AZ has heard of or have had the mini gastric bypass? I have seen some information on the web about a physician in Las Vegas that is doing this type of surgery. Has anyone read this information? I would really like to hear what the buzz is on this.
K B (Tucson)
on 12/26/06 4:39 am - Tucson, AZ
First, I know almost nothing about mgb, but what I have read (I think this web site also has some info on mgb) is that it is not really considered a viable wls and is not recommended. I hear that it is possible that gastric juices can back up into the pouch with this surgery. I think the doc in Las Vegas is virtually the only one who does this surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/06 12:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
I talked to that doc in Las Vegas and honestly, I wasn't impressed. He's really into his procedure and his procedure only. All lap bands are evil and a waste of money in his mind. He is not one to give you honest facts about all options, he is one to tell you that only his procedure is any good. Really... I wouldn't even consider the procedure or him.
azunruly
on 12/29/06 6:30 am - Hot as Hell, AZ
Thank you for your reply. I clicked on to a few of the links about him and I was really taken back about by his spin on obesity as he referred to it gluttony and sin. I haven't seen any other physician and referrence to MGB except for him. I read where the actor Gil Gerad had a MGB in the UK and the Discovery Health Channel will be airing a segment on it on Jan 10th.
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/06 1:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Wow... When I spoke with him he didn't go there and that is a good thing. He would have received quite the reply. When I spoke to him it was all about how it isn't our fault, we are doing nothing wrong, there is a hormone totally responsible for our over eating and we are not responsible in the least for our actions. I even questioned him about this. He asked if I do adequate exercise... I do, but I still graze with the best of them. I was honest, I told him I overeat. His response? I have no control over it because it is all due to a hormone. Total crap. It *is* my responsibility what I put in my mouth and I accept that responsibility. I merely don't control it well, thus the band. He's quite the salesman. My personal opinion is that he's full of it but that really is just an opinion.
Most Active