What's cookin?

JRinAZ
on 12/21/06 10:50 am - Layton, UT
My brain is just numb when it comes to cooking something wonderful for Christmas Day. We've always had turkey and trimmings in the past but neither hubby nor I do well with dry poultry and my turkey's are NOT on the moist side! We always have clam chowder on Christmas Eve with appetizers (yummy stuff!) but....I would love ideas from all of you on what I could serve that would be received well by weight loss post-ops AND normal eaters. with Joyce
CINABOBINA
on 12/21/06 9:52 pm
Joyce What about a pork roast ? Cook it in a bag to keep it moist & serve with all the regular trimmings. *** go and visit the food channel - they have some great idea's there .. & instructions to help! My family is doing the TurDucken thing this year they are also having Prime Rib & Ham since we have 27 adults & only 3 children attending.
JRinAZ
on 12/22/06 12:04 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Jeanna! YOu are such an awesome cook I'm sure you dinner will be fab! .....PRime Rib or steak is actually top of my list. I wouldn't have a clue how to prepare prime rib though. I usually use the Outback steak recipe! *winks* Joyce
lemarie22
on 12/21/06 10:03 pm - Glendale, AZ
Joyce, We decided that we're ham and turkeyed out so we're grilling steaks. Another favorite is prime rib. Connie
JRinAZ
on 12/22/06 12:05 am - Layton, UT
Yummm Connie! I think "beef" is what's for dinner for us too! LOL! IF it's tender and cooked just right then both DH and I enjoy at least 4 good ounces of it! Merry Christmas sweetie pie! Joyce
AZdove
on 12/21/06 11:26 pm - Tolleson, AZ
We are doing a Mexican buffet at my house this year. Lots of crock pots filled with shredded beef, green chili, red chili, refried beans and a special chili con queso stuff my daughter in law makes that is yummy. Of course there will be chicken enchiladas and 3 bean dip. Lots of protein! Beware of the carbs! Next year I hope we do the same since it now looks like not only me but two of my sisters may be joining the losing side!
JRinAZ
on 12/22/06 12:08 am - Layton, UT
OH Ellen that sounds soooo yummy! It sounds like there are lots of great chef's in your family! ..... My friend brought me 2 doz of her homemade tamales, I'll add a pan of chicken enchiladas and we'll enjoy our Tex/Mex dinner the day after Christmas. Does your daughter share her chili con queso recipe????? yummmmm! Merry Christmas! Joyce
Most Active