Chandler Support Report and Holiday Thank You's!

JRinAZ
on 12/12/06 1:01 pm - Layton, UT
Thanks Gil and Olivia! The party was fantastic!!!! I will not even attempt to name the names but we had bunches of wonderful old and new friends there. Holy Cow Cyndee and Jinn....you 2 cutie pies are gorgeous! Wow! I don't think I've seen you in a while and I seriously hardly recognized the "melted" versions of you 2! Everyone looked great and festive. Jeanna, I loved your purple outfit and great earrings! (and did I mention how much I loved your potluck dishes! Yummmeeeeee!) We had some great dancing (shout outs to Pam and Diana for their "mooooves"!), some goofy dancing, some great chatter, great food and truly the spirit of the season was in big supply! WE wondered out loud about those of you who were missing and are hoping that your Christmas season is very merry and that you'll soon return and report to us!!! Note: December 26th is cancelled! It's just too close to Christmas Day to ask anyone to leave their families to come out for a meeting. And, many will be out of town. Soooooo, we'll see y'all at the January meetings. Also, we decided to change the first meeting of the month to another day. We will however, continue on Tuesdays for the entire month of January. I need time to arrange with the hospital for another meeting night. Tentatively, we will have the following schedule in February. 2nd Wednesday of the month 6-7:30 (pending hospital approval) AND 4th Tuesday of the month 6-7:30 Hopefully this mixes it up enough that others can join us on occasion. We realize that many of you have set your schedules around the Tuesday meetings and we apologize if this messes you up! There's never a perfect schedule! Kitten proposed having a quarterly "event" outside of the meetings and asked for 4 volunteers for 2007. I volunteered for the 1st quarter (hike and picnic), Diana volunteered, Kitten volunteered and I think Gil is game to have us back again to his lovely home in the summer to have a pool party! So, stay tuned for the quarterly event fun details! Merry Christmas Everyone and we'll see you on the 2nd Tuesday of January! Same time/ same place! Chuck is on the schedule as our facilitator for that evening! and......a Happy New year! Joyce No __,_._,___
moirap
on 12/12/06 2:02 pm - Mesa, AZ
I agree Joyce it was a wonderful party and the food was wonderful. Gil and Olivia did a wonderful Job and your home is just beautiful. Thank you for having us. I'll pitch in for the quarterly event also. I cant wait to see the pictures. Everyone looked great and thank you DJ Danny you did a great Job. Have a safe and happy holiday to all
Darlene X
on 12/12/06 10:28 pm - Maricopa, AZ
We had so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gil & Olivia have such a huge gorgeous house!!! Im so glad Gil volunteered! I have so many left overs... I have Pams shrimp for lunch today haha... Darlene
Darlene X
on 12/12/06 10:26 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I should be able to get the pictures up tonight--- it's a new camera, so I need to install some drivers and stuff.... hopefully I can get everything working tonight
CINABOBINA
on 12/12/06 10:58 pm
Thanks Joyce ! Everyone was very festive . It was a great time ... I agree we need to get our very own Cook Book .. Jalepeno peppers - cut and clean ( use gloves ) fill with cream cheese and wrap with bacon - secure with a toothpick and grill or broil in oven till bacon is cooked ! Shrimp Coctail 2 lbs cleaned deveined shrimp 1 lb Lump Crab meat - imitation works great 2 cups salsa - pico de gallo - fresh ! 1-2 cups Clamato 1-2 avacado's - cut into cubes 3-4 limes - juiced ! fresh cilantro to taste fresh chopped Jalepeno - to taste ! Mix all and let marinate for a couple hours prior to serving ! ** you can add extra fresh stuff like celery , green onions OK - Now I would love to have Moira's Pumpkin Pie - was awesome !!! & sugar free !
jinn
on 12/13/06 1:36 am - Mesa, AZ
It was soooooooooo good to see everyone! I am soooo glad I got to go! I had a blast!!! And I am excited about the quartly events too!!!!!
moirap
on 12/13/06 11:38 am - Mesa, AZ
ok here it is but since it was an experiment bare with me...Get the double can of pumpkin I think its libbys (just plain pumpkin nothing in it) put it in a bowl with a shake of ground ginger and two or 3 shakes of cinnimon and a couple of squirts of sugar free maple syrup and 1 to 1 1/4 cup of splenda brown sugar. Taste it to make sure its sweet enough if not put a touch more splenda or SF maple syrup. When it tastes ok put 3/4 can of evaporated milk. (Make sure it is without sugar and not the sweet condensed milk) and 2 eggs. Use a mixer and blend for a couple of minutes till well mixed. Pour it in to a frozen crust and when I made it there was enough for 2 pies. Then put it in the oven and bake it at at 400 forabout 50-55 minutes. if the crust gets brown too quick just throw foil over it. You can freeze one after its cooked I wrapped it in foil and then a large zip lock bag.. This is also a safe guard when the husband drops it. Then top with the SF cool whip. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. We had a great time last night. Thank you all and have a wonderful holiday
Most Active